Tissue loss on birdsnest

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I picked up a birdsnest frag. I just noticed a few tiny patches of tissue loss. Polyps are extended though it still looks a little brown. Trying to up load a photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 306

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that you didn't notice the bare patches were there before you bought it? If you're certain it happened in your tank, there are a lot of plausible scenarios, stress from acclimation, poor water quality, poor water chemistry...

OP
OP
D

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was like this at the store. I checked at at the store so did an employee, but since it is so small we probably just missed it. I noticed it shortly after I put it in. The tissue loss hasn't gotten worse, that I am certain of. Yes there was a nitrate and posphate issue. Something went wrong with my skimmer and is now fixed so the small cyano/algae problem is dying off. Phosphate is still slightly above zero, mag is a little low at 1200, calcium is 420. Nitrate is zero as well as nitrite and ammonia.

hectat2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem before and the solution is on my case wc cuz my phosphate at that time was high

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else to check is stray voltage... I have seen at least two cases where birdsnest RTN'd due to a pump giving off stray voltage...

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back