Vivid's Rainbow Delight acro

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vivid's Rainbow Delight acro anyone have it color up for them? I have had mine for over 6 months and still brown with a little color in the tips. It grows well it's almost 4" tall with multiple branches.

I am thinking that it ether needs an ULN tank or it looked super when it came in and thats when they took their pic but then it lost it's color.

If you have it and it looks anything close to the pic let me know what it needs to color up. If you can take a pic.

I may see if I can sell mine to someone who runs Zeovite as I think thats the only way for it to reach it's full potential.

Buy Vivid's Rainbow Delight Acropora Online | Vivid Aquariums

Joe

Last edited:

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fonda (Znut Reefer) got one in a while back so she may know. On a side not if you sell I would like to be put on the list.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a beautiful coral from top down. The tan body with blue/pink tips is pretty standard from what Ive seen...

OP
OP
S

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Bama. I have not had a nice coral not color up in my tank in along time so just trying to figure this one out.:) I have tried it in two different tanks and everything from t-5s to 400 watt Helios.

Bigian I guess I am picky because a tan body and only color in the tip is not good enough. I have to say I was really excited to get it but POO on this. LOL

Tan is another word for brown.:)

Thanks Joe

OP
OP
S

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda figured if its gonna color up it will do it in your tank Joe.

I would like to think so but I could be wrong. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

It looks like one of those corals that will look better in an ULN tank so you never know. I used to have one and sometimes wish I still did. It would be nice to have one of each that way the corals that like ULN can go in there.

Joe

showjet98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the mother colony in person from the front viewing it through the acrylic and from top down. I must say that it is one of the nicest and most unusual color combos of an acro I have seen. Not sure why youre is brown. But, it was a very light cream color w the branches all shades of pastel getting brighter and more colorful towards the tips. I had a frag in my tank before I had to sell my tank and it was coloring up very nicely within the first couple months. I ran zeovit so idk if that helped.

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Rainbow delight is coloring up some, it has been in my tank 3 weeks I think. Some of the blues and pinks are coming out in the branches and tips, it will take a while for it to completely color up if I can get it to. Joe, if you ever decide to try another piece let me know you are welcome to get a frag back.

aquariumclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. Not there yet....

vividrainbowdelight.jpg

JOSE CASAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed very nice! I dont think its needs uln as Vivid doesnt run there display that way but more of just readjusting to lower lights as they run 400w and 1000w next to each other in there display where the mc is at hth.

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you interested in selling any frags Sailfish or trading? I have a ULN tank and my only complaint is my red corals look light pink, everything else looks amazing though.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have had my piece for about 4-5 months now. It has not colored up but did not brown out. It has a pinkish hue to it. About 20 inches from a 400w 20k radiums.

OP
OP
S

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two frags of it too soon to tell if its going to color up nice though. I'll keep everyone updated.

OP
OP
S

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sailfish where do you have it in the tank as far as lighting goes?

I don't have it anymore. It was getting about 450 Par around 13" below 400 20k MH then put it in my frag tank were it got 400 Par under T-5s. It had some color in the last .5" off the tips but the rest was tan/brown.

Why were you able to get it to color up? If so share a pic with us.

Joe

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back