Tyree $500 Efflo vs. Original $500 Efflo

mnswreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title said it all. I'm very confused about $500 efflo. The Tyree $500 Efllo and the Original $500 Efflo are the same or different? If they are different, what's the different? How can you tell? I read a lot of threads/posts here and I see a lot of members here own one or both of them. So I hope you guys could chime in and teach me new thing.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
M

mnswreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're mean they are the same? They're somehow look different to me. Some of them have the blue tips and some have a purple tips ( Based on few posted pics that I google). :)

ree F elipe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember than diferents conditions and ligthings could result in diferents color scheme for a same coral, and diferents cameras could result at diferents color apreciations!!! finally there are imposters corals.

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as i know, i agree with Ian. there is only one. and like felipe said, there are innumerable conditions that could change the way the exact same piece looks in diff tanks.

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the story on Tyree's site if your want the history. Ian and Jose are correct.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go for Greg Carol's ultimate efflo and you won't be disappointed. I have only seen one picture of a close representation of the 500 efflo since Roland and that was Kip's mini colony. Mine is nice but nothing like that original shot.

OP
OP
M

mnswreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for Greg Carol's ultimate efflo and you won't be disappointed. I have only seen one picture of a close representation of the 500 efflo since Roland and that was Kip's mini colony. Mine is nice but nothing like that original shot.

Yes, I did contact GC about his Efflo. But no reply yet. I know in Feb., there is fellow here can get a hold of few frags from GC. I'm also PM him to see if he can get me one.

OP
OP
M

mnswreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I did get one Tyree $500 Efflo from ddiver when he frag his beautiful colony. But sadly, it was DOA after shipping. So he said he will replace another frag for me but I have to wait until the last week of Sept. because he will be out of town. I can't wait to get a replacement of $500 Efflo. Too long for a wait.......

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg doesn't ship corals...

Exactly.Have to be in cali or at one of his shows!Go to Reefapalooza,Greg puts that on and brings stuff.Its a big show.I will hopfully be trying to attend the next one.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back