• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone interested in a very small TOON TOWN acan group buy/growout? 1-2 other people max

GodsGifts777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i see alot of people have bad luck with group buys, but im here to restore your faith in mankind.
ive been eye balling this here "Toon Town Acan" for a minute... bought right from asd.
asd-toon-town-acan-75-per-2-heads-500x500.jpg

I live in dayton ohio. And have been in the hobby for over 3 years.
It would cost us $100 for one head of this acan, and $50 for overnight shipping for a grand total of $150....

1 other person would make it 75 each for us, 2 other people would make it 50 each for us.
Seeing how bad other grow outs turn out for people lol, i would only feel comfortable doing this if I WAS THE GROWER!!!

When the time comes to ship out the healed frags everyone in the group will pay their fraction of shipping, including myself, (example: the 3 of us paid 50 each, overnight shipping is 40 dollars, that would be 13.33 each from all three of us to go into shipping too both of you).
In the end, we all save a little money for a nice piece of coral. Too make you feel more secure about your transaction i will happily give you frequent updates as well as my personal phone number and dayton address.

I have a 150 gallon half moon tank with the full setup, using a calcium reactor, 2 mp 40s, and an Orphek Atlantik v2.1. Since getting the orpheks i have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 months. On a 1 headed acan with no eyes in the last 3 months it has since then grown 4 eyes, 1 at a time, and the first new eye has since then grown into a nice small head of the acan which is now about 1/2 the size of the original acan head itself. So I would estimate no more than 6-8 months or less everyone will have their own full sized fully healed frag of this lovely toon town acan.

Let me know if I have any takers, ive been itching for this toon town for awhile but I LOVE saving money!

OP
OP
GodsGifts777

GodsGifts777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
over a hundred views and not one person interested, come on guys! Its less than a hundred dollars!

slate744

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up the history of other grow out threads and maybe you will see why. Not a lot of people have had good success with group grow outs.

OP
OP
GodsGifts777

GodsGifts777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know lol thats why i stated that in the first line, you cant loose faith on such a good idea, also why i requested to keep the money small along with the amount of members for a quicker turnover

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only has 1 good head with like 4 untouched baby heads around it going to be awhile before it can be cut lol talk to Will from aquasd he can prob make you some sort of deal got mine for 60 just sayin IMO it was an amazing deal

OP
OP
GodsGifts777

GodsGifts777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and i heard rumors of bugs? did you get any? sytstem still fine? no sps eating redbugs or anything?

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pics yet got tired of trying with an iPhone doesn't do anything justice as for bugs I do a dip before any kind of presentation is done not that I noticed anything before I started the acclimation or since they have been added

If I do manage a pic I'll def pm or post it here as well as my nano thread

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back