• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Orphek Atlantik V2 Group buy

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this board but some of you may know my name from other forums that I am on Reefhappy on INDMAS and Reefjunkie on Casual Reef. I hope this is not breaking the rules, I don't think it does as from what I read, Orphek is a sponsor and links to their site are below.

As some of you know, I ran 3 group buys for the Jebao powerheads last year on Casual Reef and INDMAS and I have been shopping for new lights and a deal on them. So I reached out to Orphek and was offered a great price on a few of their items. They sent the following pricing on the dual chip Atlantik V2, and Compact. Also being these will be shipped directly to you from Orphek, it will save shipping from me to you and the headache it caused me on the Jebao orders. These will be fully warranted by Orphek and we will not have a problem with being honored as we had with the powerheads.

These lights retail for $1000 and they said they would sale to us @ $750 with $50 shipping TYD with a minimum buy of only 10 units. They will ship directly to you after we place an order. So a $200 dollar savings! I would still have to do a wire transfer to them and my bank will charge me a fee of $50 so depending on order amount, that $50 will be split by the number of units ordered. (Ex. 10 unit order would add an additional $5 per unit)

They also gave me a price on the new compact lights Retail is $800 and we can get them for $615 plus $35 for shipping. Also a deal on their Azurelite flashlight with purchase of a unit Retail is $50 and we can get them for $20 with the purchase of a light.

As far as I know this is the only GB being offered by Orphek and I think this is a great opportunity to save some money for all of us, on a terrific light!

Pricing

Orphek Atlantik V2 dual chip $800 TYD (plus wire fee, known at time of order but $5 or less)
Link to light Orphek Atlantik V2.1 WiFi ? LED Aquarium Lighting ? Orphek

Orphek Atlantik Compact $650 TYD (plus wire fee, known at time of order but $5 or less)
Link to light Atlantik Compact WiFi ? LED Aquarium Lighting ? Orphek

Orphek Azurelight Flshlight $20 TYD with order of a light
Link to flashlight Azurelite ? LED Aquarium Lighting ? Orphek

If interested just leave a post or send PM and please spread around to local boards if you think anyone may be interested.

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have posted with OP..... Lead time will be 10-14 days after I wire funds

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by chance you are concerned with legitimacy, please feel free to contact Orphek. I am sure that Scott will let you know, this GB and me is legit. Thanks! Shane

Also a size comparison to a hydra 52 for those that have not seen the lights
uploadfromtaptalk1406302785620.jpg

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have responded to the PMs I have received. I was hoping for more interest and at this point I have no idea on a time frame but will not try to collect money before we have at least 10 committed buyers.

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehutch has committed to buying 2 units and with others look like we will hit our minimum order. We will be placing the order at the end of the month and I will be collecting funds. Please contact me if you are interested and or need info for sending your funds.

Thanks,

Shane

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! Two Atlantik V2.1's would be my dream come true. Wish I had the cash.

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running Apollo reef led's and have been for a little over a year. I like them but after I seen a tank lite with the Atlantik, I was sold. They are pricey but not much in this hobby is anything but pricey. I have bnen saving money for about 6 months and trying to Get this GB together to save a little more. Even premium aquatics is getting 900 for the v2.1, these are the new v2.1b dual chip models at 800. Don't think you can beat the price!

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a Nilus fixture; have it over a five foot tank though, and it's just not enough. The two Atlantics would be perfect in my opinion. I daydream about what I could sell, and having those fixtures. I saved for years to get where I'm at, literally years. Those fixtures seem so far away. I hope you guys post pics once the deal is done and you have the lights.

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post some pics once I get them up. Maybe there will be another GB at a time that you have some extra cash.

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks again to reefhappy for putting together the group buy. I'm planning on keeping a "photo" log of my system and will post.
I'm moving from an 8 bulb, 54watt T5 retro kit (which has been really nice) to two new Atlantiks. It may sound like lighting overkill for my 120g 4 foot display tank, but as your SPS grow into large colonies, I wasn't getting enough light for the larger colonies to survive over time.
I look forward to getting the new LED fixtures. Thank you Scott at Orphek..great guy..easy to talk too.

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking forward to the pictures and testimonials on these fixtures! One day.....

OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my lights a few weeks ago and finally have them up. I had my father's funeral to deal with and was having a light rack built so, took a little longer than expected. Picked the rack up from the powder coater, yesterday morning. <br />Have to say I really like the difference they have made on the appearance of my tank. Hopefully my coral feel the same. <br />
dyhepu6e.jpg
a6ageqep.jpg
yru9yge7.jpg
y7agutar.jpg
<br /><br />Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk<br/>

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work. I should receive my lights later this week..
I also bought the Orphek Helix 5000 skimmer too. I'll post some info on the skimmer, once it's installed.
Now I need to start selling my other equipment..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back