• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

JoeKnowsReefs.com Live Sale Grow Out

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so here are the pics of what everyone got. Joe is going to be sending me pics of the frags on a regular basis and they will be added here. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with what we got. The one thing Joe asked was that we have one person going to him asking questions. I'm not saying that I have to be that guy, however I am more than willing to be that guy. But onto the corals..

Tyree EE Merlin
Tyree EE Merlin.jpg

Superman On Steroids
Superman on Steroids.jpg

Joe's Shock Fire
Joe's Shock Fire.jpg

Cosmic Wonderland
Cosmic Wonderland.jpg

Orange Emulation
Orange Emulation.jpg

So I expect in a couple days after Joe has recouped from the last 48 hrs to be talking to Joe about the details of everything. So stay posted..

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm good with going to jikm if any questions arise. On the other JKR grow out jerwin always updates some time during the twentys of the month then we all know when to expected them. Just an idea can't beat having Joe being the grower!!

OP
OP
jikm2187

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well joe said that everyone of our chalices except for the cosmic wonderland was a fast grower. But we will see. If everyone is ok with it, I am going to wait till after his shipping date for the live sale (aug 6) to start asking about pics of stuff. I can only imagine how insanely busy this week is gonna be for him.

e46slc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to put the road rage you won from Joe in the growout, I'm sure no one would mind! Lol I'm ecstatic that Joe, himself,is growing it for us!

Well joe said that everyone of our chalices except for the cosmic wonderland was a fast grower. But we will see. If everyone is ok with it, I am going to wait till after his shipping date for the live sale (aug 6) to start asking about pics of stuff. I can only imagine how insanely busy this week is gonna be for him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jikm2187

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to put the road rage you won from Joe in the growout, I'm sure no one would mind! Lol I'm ecstatic that Joe, himself,is growing it for us!

hahahaha.. i don't think there would be.. I can't believe he said yes to growing it out himself..

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the best possible situation for any growout: having the vendor himself grow it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
jikm2187

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys, I just bought a house and I have been moving in. I have a message in for an update.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I'll get these updated pics tonight. Also there is still one spot available. Unfortunately one person was not able to follow through do to some personal things, so there is still one spot available for $200. I'm not really sure how to handle that, but just throwing it out there....

leicalux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, got some update from Joe. It looks like everything is doing well except for the Orange Emulation. What would everyone like as a replacement option?

##########################################################################################

Ok, here come some updated pics...

Shock Fire - just realized it slightly bleached from new bulbs, but it will be fine in another week or so...eats like a pig and has added about 50% growth

IMG_7074.jpg

Cosmic Wonderland - the slowest grower of them all...eats when it wants to. Grown about 25%

IMG_7076.jpg

Superman on Steroids - Eats like a pig...has grown about 40%

IMG_7078.jpg

Merlin - eats like a pig...grown about 30%

IMG_7080.jpg

I just realized that the orange emulation was in this growout too. I had a favia go crazy with some crazy feeder tentacles and it burned up all of my emulation frags and colony. Hopefully the group can decide on a sufficient replacement.

e46slc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote for replacement of the orange emulation is either the flash bomb or the dynamite.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back