93 cube build

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has come in and is picked up. I'm a starting a new build with thanks to dave and Jeana at below sea level for the great price on the tank which is reef ready 30x30x24 marineland cube with a marineland red oak stand.

Trying to find the sump that I am wanting but I have so far got the stuff to build a rock wall which I may or may not do. I will be running a asm skimmer with a triton 4 return pump. Inside the tank I will have Jabeo wave makers. I have a dual reactor setup that I'm unsure about installing and a brand new uv sterilizer.

I know for sure my light will be AI sol deep blue so if anyone needs a ai sol white I have 1 for sale.

I am open to comment and suggestions as to ideas on rock wall and everything.

nanodoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know a thread is not real unless you post pictures!
Following
You still have the RSM?

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hers a pic of the same tank that I just recently set up . Built my own stand though .

Attachments

• 1425167331006.jpg
    1425167331006.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 508

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! and nice work on that stand!

05grandprix I would really think about that rock wall idea. Usually people regret it after and if you foam it right to the back of the tank it makes one heck of a mess if you should change your mind later down the road or sell it. I had one about 7 or 8 years ago in a jbj nano.
Everyone I know of locally that has done it has not kept it going for more than a year or two. At least 4 people that I know of.

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running eshopps 100 sump and skimmer with a supreme mag 950 return pump . Also using 2 coral life 30" quad t5s and circulation pumps but im not happy with either one so I purchased 2 of the new Reef Radiance 165p+ leds and 2 Jeboa rw 15 . Just need to find time to install it all . Ill also b removing all the sand and going bare bottom and redoing my aqua scape . No real reason just personal preference . Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out . Will u b using the glass top , mesh or going topless ?

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of the Jebao Rw series. I bought 2 for my 56 column and am just thrilled with their performance and adjust ability. After having both the Vortechs and now these, I won't be going back to the vortechs anytime in the future unless they lower those price substantially or make some wild new radical design that I just must have.

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to know . I've never owned either but after some research they seemed like the best pumps for the $

Yes. Considering you could buy 2x MP10's or 8x Jebao RW's for the same price. I know a LOT of people (including myself) who have had to replace the wetside of their Vortechs making these a very expensive option, not to mention how much louder they are compared to a Jabeo.

OP
OP
05grandprix

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano I will post pictures as soon as I start it right now it's all just sitting due to still needing a few things and about to go on vacation.

Coral junky I like the look awesome, I will be using a glass top hope to cut down on some evaporation

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually going to start building a canopy for my 93 this wknd . Have been struggling with a good way to mount my new Reef Radiance leds , I have vaulted ceilings so hanging them isn't really a option and didn't really want to mount anything to the wall . Plus I've actually been wanting to get away from the glass top due to constant cleaning and all the evaporation bubbles . I would assume that would have to affect the lighting . A canopy would solve both problems . An easy way to mount the lights and no glass for cleaning . Woooh hoo ! :sly: Anyways good luck with your build and really looking forward to see what u come up with

OP
OP
05grandprix

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a canopy myself but have no clue how to install on a rimless and don't want to suspend it with with wires hanging down may get a professional opinion on building and hiding everything. Right now my light will be suspend with a bracket that aqua illumination designed for the ai sol

OP
OP
05grandprix

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the rear panel
20150309_185454.jpg

20150309_185454.jpg

After the rock and foam will do a lot of trimming and sanding then epoxy and cover with crushed coral.
20150309_185511.jpg

The side panel without rock and foam
20150309_185503.jpg

nanodoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
grandprix, I am kind of partial toward your 250 , you know. It looks good.
My backwall is half covered with GSP, Ihave to keep it trimmed back off the overflow and away from the coral otherwise it will take over the whole tank.

OP
OP
05grandprix

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one side of the rock wall after the foam was cut down and made it to divots and lumps next will be epoxy and crushed coral.
20150417_075342.jpg
20150417_075342.jpg

Back