jbj 30 rimless filtration

mikey_p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a 30g rimless jbj tank w/lights from someone for next to nothing but it didnt come with the media baskets or anything for filtration i had a extra rio 1400 pump i just t'd it off and made it to run the 2 returns but what should i use for filtration on this tank

FishnFriendz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my opinion, i bet many reefers here have better ideas. You can use nano skimmer (ex: Tunze9004) on one side, the other side you can use media basket ( which you can put purigen, or chemipure and poly filter pad). I have a same tank, but i drilled it and have 10 gal sump which i can growth some macro :),and i place my skimmer in that 10gal sump. I still use two stock media baskets: i put filter pad, purigen, Seachem Phosguard between that two baskets :)! Hope this can help...

OP
OP
mikey_p

mikey_p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx i pmed u to ask u uow u did it n thanks for info i will have to see if i can source some baskets or make some

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also make one of those sections where a basket would normally be ---->>> a mini fuge,

I used a 2" pvc. Pipe cut at 2" tall, cut a piece of egg crate to fit the slot attached with 2 zip ties

Place on bottom in that compartment and filled it with live rock rubble and some calurpa works great...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back