JBJ 28 stocking?

danmarion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am trying to wrap up my stocking list for my 28 gallon nano cube. I think I have settled on 1 royal gramma, 1 firefish goby, and 2 Ocellaris clownfish. Thoughts? Too much? Room for another?

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am trying to wrap up my stocking list for my 28 gallon nano cube. I think I have settled on 1 royal gramma, 1 firefish goby, and 2 Ocellaris clownfish. Thoughts? Too much? Room for another?
Honestly, I think that is too many fish for a 28g. I think that 3 would be the maximum I would do. Once those clowns pair up, the female might become very aggressive towards other fish too. I have a pair of Maroon clownfish and I had to get rid of my poor Royal Gramma because the female clownfish was always trying to kill it. Good luck.

OP
OP
D

danmarion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input. I will definitely keep it in mind. To clarify though... from what I understand, there is a drastic difference between the attitude and behavior of maroon clowns and ocellaris clowns. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input. I will definitely keep it in mind. To clarify though... from what I understand, there is a drastic difference between the attitude and behavior of maroon clowns and ocellaris clowns. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I have heard that too, but remember that every fish is different and they don't follow rules. I would get the fire fish. Royal grammas can be aggressive too. Mine just got out muscled by my huge FMCF.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back