Trido's 210 In-wall

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After lurking for several years I finally decided to introduce my self. I live in the greater Seattle area and have been keeping reef tanks since 2005. Fish tanks since 1988. Originally this started out as a 120 in-wall but within a year I was unsatisfied.
DSC01345.jpg

last shots of 120 023.jpg

Then came the construction,because I wanted a corner view. I also built an addition on the back of my house for an equipment room. Apparently I no longer have any pics of the tank room addition, and yes, my tank is in the laundry room facing the living room.
big hole 007.jpg

new tank 011.jpg

I'll skip past the two and a half years when I broke down the tank and turned it into a planted FW discus tank during which time I still built a custom 175 bow front and another system keeping my love for reefing alive.Now I'll quit boring you with history and get this thread up to today.

I have a 150 gallon glass sump which has a 70G refugium and 20G return chamber. The refugium is lit with four 36" HO T-5's
30G frag tank made from an old sump lit with a DIY 12 bulb LED
Bubble King 250 skimmer
Geo 624 calcium reactor with a milwaukee controller
Tunze osmolator ATO
Ranco dual stage controller for heating and AC cooling (in the tank room, which makes it nice to work in on hot days)
Neptune AC III which only controls four hydor evo 1050's and turns on/off the display LED's
DIY 168 emitter LED with 7 drivers dimmed by a home made arduino controller.
and two Tunze 6105's controlled with an old 7095 controller I recently picked up for $20.

I have the Tunze's and the AC III (two hydors at a time) synced to make a gyre in both directions for a half hour at a time.

That's about it for tonight. I'll finish with a few more recent pic's.
IMG_0951.jpg

last shots of 120 023.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

big hole 007.jpg

new tank 011.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an amature video
[video=youtube_share;3zmbFA5Sy3k]http://youtu.be/3zmbFA5Sy3k[/video]

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thousands of pictures and could go on and on. I figured if was going to post and offer advice I should offer up some credibility to back up my words. I don't claim to be the best hobbiest or know a lot, but I have built a,lot of houses and have kept a lot of fish tanks as well as building systems for a few clients over the years and have a bit of knowledge to share.

Thanks for viewing my thread.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll get some more current pics up later.
Dtech07, I've seen you post here a few times, I frequent this site more and more as the local one slows down. Skinz78 is also a local from the peninsula. I'm sure there are more.

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll get some more current pics up later.
Dtech07, I've seen you post here a few times, I frequent this site more and more as the local one slows down. Skinz78 is also a local from the peninsula. I'm sure there are more.

So far I've noticed about 5-6 from the NW. We'll have to meet again at one of the swaps.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking tank Trido! What are the dimensions? Mine is the same size, although I wish I had a bigger sump and fuge like you do.... Funny thing is we have the same big 3 fish LOL. How are all the Angels with the clams?

BTW if you need any live rock I have a little bit that I'm selling!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chris. The tank is 72"x 24"x 29". I'm lucky to have a large sump and to have it set up with a 50G fuge. I have about 70 pounds of LR in a cryptic zone under the skimmer that is growing sponges like crazy. Right now I have five tangs (including the foxface) and four wrasses. Those are my two favorite varieties of fish. The two dwarf angels are great reef fish for me and dont bother anything in the tank. They both came from a friend who has had them for years.

ak_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank Duane! Let me know when you frag that meteroshower cyphestra! You didn't have a frag of that yesterday did you?

Sent from the great beyond via Tapatalk 2.5!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back