Bill's 300 double deep

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all my name is Bill

Skinz has been hounding me to post some pics of my tank so figured I'd put out the thread. This tank is a replacement for a 180 that got too small , I love the depth of this tank so picked one up. The tank has been running for coming up on 3 years but recently when through and removed alot of unwanted corals and wanted to do some reaquascaping. The tank is mainly SPS and other hard corals, does have some LPS and so far about 9 clams. Not many fish right now went through and thin those out as well while it was apart I had a very nasty sixline wrasse that kept chasing all the newbies out of the water so now that he is gone, be able to add some new stuff. Have a purple tang that I've had for 12 years and a new little bristle tooth tang and thats it. I had a beautiful Archilies but he came down with ich and past :sad:.

I have just about all the corals back in with the exception of about 20 other SPS just gotta figure where there gonna go. Here is some pics

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Bill, although that blue Squamosa looks a little stressed... You should send it back to Washington State where it belongs, I'd gladly give it a home!

OP
OP
billrob71

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Bill, although that blue Squamosa looks a little stressed... You should send it back to Washington State where it belongs, I'd gladly give it a home!

Man thats not even funny, he actually seems to be a little stressed, Im not sure why all the other clams are doing great but he is just not very happy right now, tried it on the bottom middle and top. May put him back in the frag tank for a while, seems to be happiest under that LED.

OP
OP
billrob71

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love your rock work, especially that center one!

Thank you, had a friend in my local reef club give me a couple ideas using fiberglass rods and my mind went little crazy cause they make things easy to create some wild shapes and everything is solid, nothing is loose.

OP
OP
billrob71

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah has shell groth just not extending much . I only have the 2 tangs so nothing seems to be pecking at it. I just moved him back down to the bottom right side that's were he was and seemed to be the happiest. Made him a nice flat perch right in the middle dead center and of coarse doesn't like that spot :yell:

OP
OP
billrob71

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know , and of coarse it's gotta be that clam . Oh well I'll leave him wear he was fand see what he looks like tomorrow night.

OP
OP
billrob71

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the long interval ,ran LED's for a year and hated them so back to MH and T5's lost some live stock but new fixture has been on lttle over a month and corals starting to get there colors back and can put my clams back in so they can get some light.

new tank pics 006.jpg
new tank pics 007.jpg
new tank pics 004.jpg

Attachments

• new tank pics 002.jpg
    new tank pics 002.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 345
  • new tank pics 003.jpg
    new tank pics 003.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 341
OP
OP
billrob71

billrob71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What LED's did you run?

I was running 3 reef radiance pro 240s which were ok but I have ran metal halides for more then 15 years and know how my tank should look and the LEDs just were not doing it. There either set down low intensity to make the corals pop or set them up high for the clams to have enough light . There doesn't seem to be somewhere in the middle to make everyone happy with the size tank I have . The metal halide fixture with with the T5s is new I usually have VHOS but the T5s seem to be doing ok at least for now.

I do have my 2 LED tubes running still and have some 10 watt chips I'm experimenting with but for supplement lighting only

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back