Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new macro shots from tonight
photo of my favorite acro the much sought after and now almost extinct "RR Magic Wand" - pink tips with orange hue base. Unbelievable color contrast to most other acros I have seen.

Attachments

• ORAMIFY.jpg
    ORAMIFY.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 768
  • RRAvengersRevenge.jpg
    RRAvengersRevenge.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 758
  • RRMagicWand.jpg
    RRMagicWand.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 825
Last edited:
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be happy to take pics of any of the corals on my livestock list if anyone has any requests.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be happy to take pics of any of the corals on my livestock list if anyone has any requests.

Just a pic of the all the SPS please :bigsmile:

Just kidding of course-I like the way you have a post that says which post contains the list of corals-I'm going to steal that idea. I tried to list the SPS I have but got an error message saying only 10,000 characters per post.:wacko:

Ok that was another joke.

Great work on the pics they are coming along nicely-its rewarding once you find that special balance of processing that reflects the corals "true" look and not a washed out blue. I just ordered a new lens and it'll be here next week.

Looking good brutha!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a spray nozzle type self cleaning head for my Bubble King 400 internal skimmer. It appears they have been released but I have been unable to locate. Please advise if you have a source.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the Avast and had success with it but they do not make a 400 mm model. With that size inner diameter the motor they use would struggle I suspect. For that reason I was on a mission to get the original Bubble King neck cleaner that has the spray nozzle that aids the squeegie. So I contacted Bubble King directly in Germany and was told that they no longer produce the units. After some research it became clear that the units were manufactured in Germany originally by a company called Aquadriver for BK. So after a little help from Reef Central BK club I find contact directly to Aquadriver in Germany and what do you know they have it in stock and it is on the way!!
emoticon-0137-clapping.gif
The motor on this unit is much different than Avast and Vector units and really spins quickly. Cant wait to see how it performs.
Aquadriver contacted by email ---- [email protected]

I am looking for a spray nozzle type self cleaning head for my Bubble King 400 internal skimmer. It appears they have been released but I have been unable to locate. Please advise if you have a source.

Attachments

• Aquadriver400.jpg
    Aquadriver400.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 669
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was able to get the hospital type curtain rod hung yesterday. I have used 2 king size black sheets and need one more. I will also get 3 king size light blue for the front side. This will allow to look from front display and not see the garage door!
curtain1.jpg

curtain2.jpg

FTScurtain.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best idea I could come up with as I already tried to have something on the back of the tank that was velcroed on but with the mpw60's on the back it is difficult to make it look good. I decided to use the curtains as I can easily just push them aside for back view or to work on tank. It will look better when I get the light blue sheets on the front and the black is on the back so you cant see through at all.

Looking great, I love the sheets in the back!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 HHP Aqualogic chiller that is split unit with heat exchanger inside fish room and condenser outside house. Made a mistake when ordering as I thought my unit would handle heat as well but not the case. I am looking for a good inline heater now for large capacity tank. Good news is I do have central heat and air in the fish room so only really for backup if AC unit goes down.

What chiller are you using

ammari33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 HHP Aqualogic chiller that is split unit with heat exchanger inside fish room and condenser outside house. Made a mistake when ordering as I thought my unit would handle heat as well but not the case. I am looking for a good inline heater now for large capacity tank. Good news is I do have central heat and air in the fish room so only really for backup if AC unit goes down.

Thanks, I suggest to use EHEIM JÄGER 300 W, as I am using this heater in the sump

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I suggest to use EHEIM JÄGER 300 W, as I am using this heater in the sump
I am currently running 3 of those and want to switch to an inline heater with much larger capabilities. December and Jan can be pretty cold even here in Texas and I dont want the room heater to have to be the sole source of heat. The 300W heaters cannot keep up with my system. Or at least 3 cannot. THAT IS ASSUMING THE ROOM AC/HEAT GOES OUT..... Never have too much backup. Speaking of that leads me into my next project.....

----Need to get backup generator for the entire house and will look into that soon. I will check the electric bill for usage and determine which system I will need. Any other suggestions will be helpful.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running 3 of those and want to switch to an inline heater with much larger capabilities. December and Jan can be pretty cold even here in Texas and I dont want the room heater to have to be the sole source of heat. The 300W heaters cannot keep up with my system. Or at least 3 cannot. THAT IS ASSUMING THE ROOM AC/HEAT GOES OUT..... Never have too much backup. Speaking of that leads me into my next project.....

----Need to get backup generator for the entire house and will look into that soon. I will check the electric bill for usage and determine which system I will need. Any other suggestions will be helpful.

The electric bill really is not going to be able to give you the information you need. With generators there are two numbers you have to worry about. The running watts it can provide and the surge watts it can provide. With large motors for things like AC units, there is a initial surge draw that can be 2-3 times the running draw. Smaller motors / mechanical items have similar initial spikes in the wattage they draw. Since you clearly have one heck of a tank I have to assume you have one heck of a house. I Strongly recommend you research electrical contractors and select some to come over, review your house and provide quotes. If you do this correctly it is going to be a large project and you will get exactly what you are looking for. If not you will get what a lot of people I have seen got. A system capable of handling the running watts but not the surge watts, or one that did not consider the pre-existing load from everything else when the AC tried to start.

One other thing to talk to the electrical contractor about is surge protection / power conditioning for your more sensitive equipment. Generators do not provide very clean power when they are heavily taxed. Heck nether does the power grid some times. Given how much you have put in to your tank I do not want to see anything happen due to power / generator issues.

Good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back