OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are shots from today of equipment that has been mounted for APEX and all...
eqcontrolstation.jpg
eqrightside.jpg
equipleft.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more equipment was delivered yesterday. Here is pic of Deltec Calcium Reactor good to 1300 US gallons and a Deltec Kalk Stir Reactor good to 1500 US gallons. I am having a touch time finding the media that Deltec recommends does anyone run another coarse media such as ARM or the like?
delteccalcrctr.jpg
delteckalkstir.jpg

delteccalcrctr.jpg

delteckalkstir.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind if I ask if bottom panel of the tank is glass, or PVC?

Bottom of tank is PVC. AGE put 3 steel support beams that run across bottom of tank for extra support. The tank is supported by a steel rim and steel braces on top that go across tank and have pvc glued to bottom to help keep salt off.

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on R2R Facebook, Wow just unbelievable. I thought upgrading to my 130g was huge. Lol. Looking good Laser.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic! It looks like your house was built to have a huge tank there!
I dont have the patience to build a house around a tank so when moving we pick a house based on where we can put the tank!!!:tea:

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on R2R Facebook, Wow just unbelievable. I thought upgrading to my 130g was huge. Lol. Looking good Laser.

My wife sent a pic and it ended up on facebook somehow. Then after all the likes I told the poster if we got 1000 likes I would put together a build thread so here it goes!!:lol:

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up next will be to order aquarium plants c02 regulator, 20# co2 bottle, 3 MPW60's (already have 1), calcium reactor media, sand, 800lb fake reef rock (no introduction of pests from beginning I hope).
Mid Cities Aquariums will be here this week to start the plumbing. Should have water by April 1!:hail:

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I can't wait to see it come together!
Thanks Skin78! As you know my wife insisted I document this here for you guys! She has become quite a hobbyist over the years as well and is just as excited about the build as I am this time!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today will entail hookup of the exhaust fans. I have installed 2 100cfi bathroom vent fans above the tank. A exhaust vent will be installed in roof for each today. I also have a cabinet maker coming to design the framing of the inside wall where the tank sits in the kitchen. We will have the woodwork match the kitchen for consistency.:nod:

tbert33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an epic build. Makes me feel ratjer inadequate with my 16gal lol. Great thread mate! Looking forward to your updates.

card16969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqualogic 2HHP chiller arrived!! This heat pump unit has a condensor just like a home ac that is housed outside. I will control my heat and cooling with this unit. This is one of the few items that the APEX will not control as it pulls 70A!!:tongue: heatpump.jpg heatpumpcompressor.jpg heatpumpmount.jpg heatpumpmounted2.jpg

Put a relay controlled plug on it and you can control it with the apex as the turn on for it will be less than 1amp.

Pike614

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not too late, I would recommend an in line fan...not bathroom fans. I have a 1000g system also, and the bathroom fans can't keep up. In line fan is silent and moves about 400cf/m. You can find nice ones meant for humidity on aquaponics and greenhouse websites.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a relay controlled plug on it and you can control it with the apex as the turn on for it will be less than 1amp.
This is something I will have to look into as I was really wanting it to be APEX controlled.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back