300 DD Starphire

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say Hello. My name is John and I'm new to Reef2Reef so please bare with me. A little background about me. I've been in the hobby for a little over 5 years now and have had multiple saltwater setups from Biocubes to a standard 125. This has been an out right addiction for me and my kids, Wife not so much lol. In the last year Some how my 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter have talked me into 4 different reef tanks in our house. This is how it started 14 gal biocube, 2 29 gal Biocubes, then a standard 125. We got so good at the hobby our tanks started overflowing with corals so I started a 100 gal frag tank. Next thing you know I have over 200 hundred frags and 5 tanks and no time for anything else besides tank maintainence . I recently accepted new position at work and my time was cut down even more. The only option was to shut down some tanks, but which ones my kids loved them all. So my son tells me dad we just need to get one really big tank and combine them all which was a great idea besides the fact there was no way the boss AKA my wife was going to go for this. So after a couple months of nagging she finally says go for it as long as it doesn't cost you anything for the tank. So we started closing down the smaller tanks and selling and trading corals for money for the new tank. After 4 months of wheeling and dealing I'm down to 1 tank the standard 125. With all of our profits we were finally able to purchase our dream tank 300 DD with Starphire front from a local fish store. THANKS JEFF FOR THE HOOK UP!!! So let the new build begin.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20140215_112232.jpg

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The floor where the tank is going is extremely out of level so I will have to do multiple Poors With level ready. I think 3 separate Poors should do the trick.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the double picts can't figure out why that keeps happening.

Attachments

• 20140111_151441.jpg
    20140111_151441.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,374
OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I decided I was going to build my own stand. I think the factory stands are kinda poorly made and pretty pricey for what you get. I also dislike how low they are. I'm tired of bending over to look in my tank so I think I'm going to build a 42" tall stand myself.

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that's what I did you loose the warranty but the stand was to low got tired of always bending over I had one built and it was allot cheaper .Also I went with a herbie overflow /full siphon it is dead silent also and a reeflo dart hybrid and love it

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back