My inherited 200g tank :-)

Flaxenfilly23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in the new member section explaining how I came into the tank I am caring for now. Long story short, it has been completely uncared for other than water top offs and feeding the 5 remaining fish (Niger trigger, one spot foxface, black clownfish, common clownfish, and a dwarf lionfish). I feel bad for the fish and have volunteered to take over the care of it for their sake. The one spot foxface is looking pretty rough and I'm sure he will be the next to go if I don't get things back under control soon. I will be testing the water for all levels today to get a baseline and try to get it back on the right track. Also planning on ordering a RO system today since our city water is full of diatoms causing huge amounts of brown algae right after water changes. (Anyone have any suggestions for the best/reasonably priced RO system?) Anyway, just thought I would start this thread so I can update on its progress. Thanks for this wonderful forum and I have already learned a ton from browsing the articles and threads!

OP
OP
F

Flaxenfilly23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check with your utilities department to see if you have chloramine in the water. If so you will need a RO unit that filters out chloramines chloramine is different than chlorine so don't expect to get a unit for chlorine that will do chloramine. You can check online usually at your local utilities government website and find a report of what chemicals are tested in the water this is something most people overlook and is very important.

A lot of people get units from BRS they are reputable and they have a lot of information on their site as far as what unit you should buy I recommend getting a unit with DI resin as it gives you zero TDS.

I personally use a six stage unit but it's up to you what you want to run.

Back