My Oceanreef - 240

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading many forums and watching Reef tanks come alive...It was time to get back into a passion I have had for many years. I started off with a 55 gal reef tank then moved on to a 125 gal tank. Then the kiddos came along which absorbed all my time. So I have been out of the "Tanks" for many years. Now the kiddos are getting older it was time to sneak my way back into it again. I have always wanted to have a "built in reef tank" Also the bigger the better right? There is where my challenged started. After a little persuading with my wife (Kiddos were on my side) we won! HeHe... My wife and I were in Mexico last October doing some snorkeling and the rest is history as they say. So we currently have a 75 gal reef tank setup which is full of fish, SPS,LPS etc. It is max out...We need room to grow! So my day started at 3am to head to Rochester, MN to pick up my new baby.

So here is the run down on the hardware that is on the 240 gal.
Glass aquarium 60" x 36" x 25" - Starphire 3 sides w/ dual overflows
75 gal refugium sump with (3) filter socks with auto top off system.
(2) Hamilton 250 watt MH pendants. 20k with (4) T5 lights & (2)150 & (1) 350 Kessil
(1) Reef Brite 60" LED strip light (Blue)
(2) My reef creations CR-2 dual calcium reactor
(2) NextReef MR1 XL Media reactor / Carbon & GFO
SWC Protein skimmer
(2) 300 watt heater
Corallife 1 hp chiller
Complete RO/DI system plumbed for water changes. Turn a few valves and boom...water is done....bye..bye homer buckets
(4) Mp-40's

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading many forums and watching Reef tanks come alive...It was time to get back into a passion I have had for many years. I started off with a 55 gal reef tank then moved on to a 125 gal tank. Then the kiddos came along which absorbed all my time. So I have been out of the "Tanks" for many years. Now the kiddos are getting older it was time to sneak my way back into it again. I have always wanted to have a "built in reef tank" Also the bigger the better right? There is where my challenged started. After a little persuading with my wife (Kiddos were on my side) we won! HeHe... My wife and I were Mexico last October doing some snorkeling and the rest is history as they say.
So here it goes.... I have 2 Reef tanks primarily SPS setups. I have a 120 Reef Savvy which is all SPS with several fish including black tang, many Anthias, copper band BF to name a few.....but my show piece is my 240 gal tank. I always wanted a "built in" Reef viewable from 3 sides. So this setup is just that. It's fully encased in marble from Italy. I also didn't want to see any water lines at all when viewed from any direction. It also serves as a room divider from our master bedroom and living room area.
Here's the specs.
- 60"x36"24" glass box
- Dual overflow boxes
- 75gal sump with fug
- (2) 300 watt heaters
- SWC 240 skimmer
- 40 watt UV sterilizer
- (2) Nextreef MR1 XL reactors / Carbon & GFO
- GHL doser
- Full Apex setup with all the bells and whistles
- 50 gal RO top off setup via Apex
- 5 stage RODI setup. Remote location all plumbed into the main tank for water changes
- 1Hp Corallife chiller
- (4) MP-40s
- (2) 250 watt MH 20k Ushio
- (4) 4' ATI T5 (2) actinic / (2) B+
- (1) 60" Reefbrite (Blue)
- (3) Kessil (2) 150 - (1) 350
I think I have everything covered on the equipment side.

Testing equipment is the following:
- Hanna (ALK, Phos)
- Red Sea for the basics
- Salifert as backups.

Live stock is 28 different fish from tangs, triggers, Anthias, Hawkfish, clowns, Blennies, Gobies, Wrasses and many more.
Inverts - Many Shrimp, Urchins, Starfish, and your typical CUC.
Corals don't even know where to start. I have everything from Zoas, LPS, Chalices, and my favorite SPS. I currently have over 60 different SPS species. I just wish I knew all the names of them. Sorry... Love the challenge of growing them and watching all the incredible colors shine thru.

Enough about the hardware...On to the pictures. The first few was back in the beginning of time.
Enjoy!

OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current pics... about 2 months ago my center section collapsed due to weight and over growth. So the Reef was reshaped.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely beautiful! Following! 1smile1

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back