My 220 Gallon Build

jsknsd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I am going to go ahead and start my build thread now.

I currently have an 80 gallon mixed reef and I am upgrading to a 220 gallon tank. The tank will be 72lx24hx30w.
Have a metal stand being built now. Orded a custom arcylic sump from Advanced Acrylics. For anyone going RAP this upcoming weekend at the OC Fairgrounds it will be on display there. It is 51lx18hx22w.
Just got my return pump today. It is a Diablo DC pump. I also got my skimmer today. It is a Reef Octopus Regal 200int. I also have 2 Vortech mp40's, 2 mp10's and 3 Radion Gen 3's. All hooked up using the reeflink.
I will post pictures of the stand and sump soon.

Thanks for looking.

Jeff

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following along Jeff!

OP
OP
J

jsknsd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built my manifold today. Think I am going to add one more thread valve so it will be like the red handled one. So far the red one is for my brs dual reactor (gfo and carbon), One black one is barbed for my bio-pellet reactor and the other two are spares. Not sure what else I would need them for except maybe a calcium reactor. Any thoughts please let me know. Nothing is glued yet also

OP
OP
J

jsknsd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see my sump for the first time today. I cannot believe how well of a job John from Advanced Acrylics did. I hate to put doors on my stand. The sump is a beast and looks amazing. Everyone at RAP was checking it out.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the sump is any indication, this is going to be a really good build thead! Great looking sump! I wouldn't put doors on my stand either. :) Tagging along....

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great start. im excited to see how this turns out.

OP
OP
J

jsknsd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see my stand all painted today. Will start on bottom and top boards plus the cabinet on one end for equipment.

OP
OP
J

jsknsd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see my stand all painted today. Will start on bottom and top boards plus the cabinet on one end for equipment.

ShinerMaginer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen these before, trying to understand how they work. Is this plumbed off the return, and then uses that flow to run reactors instead of using seperate pumps or powerheads to turn them?

ShinerMaginer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are generally pretty low flow add ons, right? Any idea how much that affects your return rate? Is there a way to calculate that or did you just overestimate your return rate and then assume that you would cut it back to a slower rate until you needed to open it for the add-ons? I'm planning my 200DD, and I'm considering running it with all 4 overflows as drains and then running a closed loop. 2800gpf max drain, which is probably going to be more like 2300-2400 with plumbing, but then I need to figure in the "extra's" too. Too. Much. Maaaath.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back