Breakthecycle2's new build

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months of planning, scammers, crooks headaches etc...I finally have almost all my equipment. I ordered my tank 2 months ago and it will be here next week. It's a 72x28x22 rimless, dual corner overflows, black silicone and black background. My stand was completed yesterday (also after numerous headaches and people who BS'd me saying they could build it for me.) For equipment, I went with a Tunze ATO, Bubble Magnus Curve 9, 3 Radion G3's, Two MP 40's, DC ( I think) 1200 adjustable return pump. I have 150 pounds of dry rock and 100 pounds of sand ready to go. My sump is over sized at 48x24x18. It's black acrylic with a clear front panel. 30 gallon fuge section and a 15 gallon ATO section. Still need my Apex, heater, return pump for fuge, reeflink for Radion's and probably a bunch of other things I'm forgetting. I am coming from a Elos system 120 (thats still for sale and sitting at my old apartment), so I wanted it to resemble that setup on a bigger scale. Let me know what you think so far. The tile'd frame you see is a mini backsplash to add to the look. For anyone wondering, yes I got the idea from member "Diesel" on this board.

1210141307.jpg
1210141307a.jpg
1210141307b.jpg
1210141307c.jpg
1210141307d.jpg

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, just when I thought everything was almost done, I find out last night, my tank was never even started and I can't a straight answer as to why. 9 weeks wasted. Can anyone recommend a tank manufacturer? I wont use glass cages and I already called Coast to Coast.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow wow, watch out, there's a little tiger in the house. :D what a cutie! the stand looks so nice.
Can't wait to see how the tank set up :) good luck!

The kitten is a ******* lol. He's part wild cat (asian leopard cat) so his bite and claws are ridiculous.

As far as the tank goes, I've hit a standstill. The place I ordered it from over 9 weeks ago informed me this week, he doesn't know what is going on with the tank because the guy making them had a family emergency and never told anyone. So I have nothing right now.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was informed today that all the glass is cut and polished but has not been put together yet. I am being told I will have it in January fro sure, so I don't know anymore. I did, however, asked them if they could build a ghost overflow rather then two internal ones (my original thought). It doesn't seem to be an issue, but they are going to let me know.

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want local, I've seen some of reefoman's tanks and they are amazing. There's a few guys around here that have tanks built by him.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back