Angel Reef

thepubenator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finanally bought a house so can have a more permanent tank. I am obsessed with SPS and Angels which will both dominate this tank

Tank is a custom 73x32x50" (185x80x50cm) peninsular made out of low iron glass with a one piece euro brace.

stand is finished in white satin poly with american wallnut doors

6A43B8B6-DA2D-4F72-A205-5F6E8DC7A281_zpsxofojhfu.jpg

98E346D8-7FA1-4BE1-B415-2D16AD5E7AD7_zpsw8fowwog.jpg

and the tank, will install the weir and plumbing when it arrives
tank5_zpsq9behxnv.jpg

tank6_zpsmuzfoxhc.jpg

tank4_zpsyxcub2oe.jpg

Sump
sump_zpsqjhh4avj.jpg

the scape is completed
scape1_zpscd3cf205.jpg

scape2_zpsa0ff1542.jpg

Last edited:

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already know I'll love it! I'm a huge angel fan as well. One day when I have a large enough place I will be following in your footsteps! What kind of angels are you looking at?

OP
OP
thepubenator

thepubenator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already know I'll love it! I'm a huge angel fan as well. One day when I have a large enough place I will be following in your footsteps! What kind of angels are you looking at?
Thanks

I currently have the following
3 x regal
2 x flame
1 x majestic

I would like a bandit and possibly a fancy dwarf pair if i can source in time.

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful selection. The bandit is a must, especially with a tank that size, it'll look so amazing. Have you considered a Wantanabe pair? They will look good swimming around that space. Dwarfs - I have a biased towards Potters, their coloration is awesome and they don't pick at corals too much. Speaking of corals, are you worried about the angels cleaning them out?

OP
OP
thepubenator

thepubenator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful selection. The bandit is a must, especially with a tank that size, it'll look so amazing. Have you considered a Wantanabe pair? They will look good swimming around that space. Dwarfs - I have a biased towards Potters, their coloration is awesome and they don't pick at corals too much. Speaking of corals, are you worried about the angels cleaning them out?
I was more so thinking of pair of joculator or interruptus if i can source them. I had a pair of potters for a while am a fan, as above have most of the angels already in this my current tank so have little concern of them eating SPS
IMG_8075_zpscfce55a3.jpg

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more so thinking of pair of joculator or interruptus if i can source them. I had a pair of potters for a while am a fan, as above have most of the angels already in this my current tank so have little concern of them eating SPS
IMG_8075_zpscfce55a3.jpg

That's quite the wish list, they would be amazing additions - out of my pocket book range for now. Your tank looks great, looking forward to seeing what you will do with the new tank!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
g'day mate, looking forward to this build.

LukeV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice! I love angels and can't wait to see this tank up

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks slick. I meant to ask earlier, what is the black stuff on the top of the stand, which now has the tank placed on top of it?

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Did you make the stand yourself? What's it look like with the sump? The new additions look good, tank looks very sleek!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back