The ins and outs of my 20,000 gallon reef tank .

traumajeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That it, I am taking out the kitchen and living room area for a tank. Forget what the wife thinks. Just kidding, that is beyond awesome. The glass has to be thick? or did you use acrylic?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bensadork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, thank you for sharing this portion of your home and your life with us. You have an amazing aquarium to say the least. I was wondering if you came across any major hurdles while building such a large setup that you did not anticipate at all? Were there any major differences between your setup and a smaller typical aquarium aside from sheer size of equipment. Were there any pieces of equipment that you did not anticipate needing? Forgive me if anyone else has chimed in with a similar question I just had to ask while it was on my mind.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always used to dream of building a house right over a reef with glass floors! This my friend is the next best thing! Your dedication is amazing...

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to see you here, Bill. I've been following you on FB for a while. I actually just got some LRS food from a friend who stopped by last weekend. So far my fish are liking it.

Your products are top notch and I got to see some in person the other day, well built. It's good to see a product that you can see the money going into the product and not the marketing.

Question for you, sir. I know you tried out an LED light in the past. Do you think LEDs can get to the level it would take to support a reef tank of that size? I know anything "can" be build, but that doesn't mean it should...
I'm just wondering your thoughts on the subject?

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing. The pluming room is insane. I have read about your setup before online but it will be really cool following along with your build on R2R!

Looking forward to more! Welcome to R2R!

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the owner of a 500g (or what you might call a nano), I'm particularly interested as to your average time spent each day caring for and maintaining this tank.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Win Win Situation

I need to thank Bill Wann for going out of his way to help build some quality reactors for my 1200 gallon system. I was struggling after purchasing $6k skimmer and bio pellet reactor . I had my frist system crash. I contacted Bill and was talking about the issue I was having. At that time I wanted to replace the skimmer that was my first purchase. After that I tried natureef system to much time involved setting it up yes it work's but way to involving for me. We talked about a sulfer denitrator 2nd best purchase. Next on the list was the calcium reactor and Bill's controller using Gf signet probes and controller , another plus a reduction in co 2 consumption . I was on the road to stability. My system has never looked better. Next conversation was a whole system controller replacing a top of the line controller that I did not trust. If you want to learn please sit back and ask question you will get a honest answer possibly not what you want to here but the truth. Bill thank you for all the help / I probably owe more in consulting / than my purchases.

new sps reactor 014.jpg

new sps reactor 015.jpg

marke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can all learn so much from what Bill has built! Thanks for sharing this with us here!
Regards
ME

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back