Show Off Your Large Tank Aquascape :)

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking for ideas to scape my 200DD, and want to see more scapes to "inspire" me. Post up your scapes you think look awesome. I still like the "bonsai" inspired ones, but anything is welcome.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my aquascape on my 180. In the near future, I'll be adding an arch from behind the right island that connects to right side of the center island
IMG_8020.jpg

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know i have already told you but thats a great looking tank. im loving the islands, going to do the same thing but my tank is only 4'long so prob only going with two islands with some small rocks somewhat buried in the sand to place zoas on. soon i will post mine..soon
greg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new one will be island-ish, but with taller structures I think. I do enjoy watching fish swim in and around rock work, so now's my opportunity to do so with the dimensions of the new tank.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new one will be island-ish, but with taller structures I think. I do enjoy watching fish swim in and around rock work, so now's my opportunity to do so with the dimensions of the new tank.

I only have mine so low so that the sticks can grow out. With your FOWLR, I'd stack them nice and high and make a few arches with nylon/acrylic rods and some epoxy.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunnyx and soccerbag have multiple small islands that I think are cool looking. its like a raceway for the fish to swim through. With a DD tank you really have alot of options.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have mine so low so that the sticks can grow out. With your FOWLR, I'd stack them nice and high and make a few arches with nylon/acrylic rods and some epoxy.

Yup, exactly what I wanna do, just trying to find something that I like. I have some ideas, and once I'm done with the next few weeks of traveling, I'll be able to sit down and work on it. This tank can't come soon enough, haha.

I'm really excited to see the fish be able to swim front to back instead of just sideways, should make for an interesting view, and give me the ability to stuff more of my favorite fish in there, haha

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thats a nice looking tank man. Is that a monti cap in the top right? haha. Looks wicked up there.

Are all your fish hiding, or do you not have a lot in there?

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. I have around 10 fishes...Mostly wrasses and tang. Yes, that is a Season Greeting monti cap on the top right.

Wow, thats a nice looking tank man. Is that a monti cap in the top right? haha. Looks wicked up there.

Are all your fish hiding, or do you not have a lot in there?

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. I have around 10 fishes...Mostly wrasses and tang. Yes, that is a Season Greeting monti cap on the top right.

What kind of wrasses and tangs do you have?

Love the stags growing off the back wall as well.

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All commons wrasses to control the flat worn in my tank (Melanarus Wrasse, 2 Yellow Corris, Mystery Wrasse, Redtail and Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasses ) and purple tang, naso tang and one Borbonius Anthias

Last edited:
OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All commons wrasses to control the flat worn in my tank (Melanarus Wrasse, Yellow Corris, Mystery Wrasse, Redtail and Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasses ) and purple tang, naso tang

Cool man, thanks. Nice looking tank you have there, and nice collection of wrasses :)

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setups everyone! The boomies and minimal rockwork is the way to go. ;) These sorts of setups look great with stags growing out to great heights. My fish also appreciate the extra room to swim. Oh, and flow is MUCH easier to handle and deal with when you have minimal obstructions.

Here is my 3.5 month old 72*36*22 Rimless Reef

DSC_0226-3.jpg

Sonny

Back