Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's that time of year again...

We have scheduled our Reef Party for November 1st and are starting to get really excited about it. For those that don't know us, this is an annual event where we also include a raffle and canned food drive for our local food bank (raffle tickets for canned goods in a nutshell).

Last year, with the help of reefing friends from our local club, Richmond Reefers, as well as, MAMAS, WAMAS and Reef2Reef we were able to collect nearly 700lbs of food donations. This year we have upped the ante and set a new goal of 1,000lbs - WOOT!

Here are just a few of the awesome prizes for this year's raffle:

• 25g Marineland Reef Ready Cube with glass top
  • (6) 50g bags of AquaCraft BioSea Salt Mix ($150 value) Donated by AquaCraft
  • (20) I'm A Reefer T-Shirts (various sizes) 10 Tee's ($200 value) Donated by Carolina Aquatics
  • (1) Tunze 6055 NanoStream pump
  • (1) LiveAquaria $50 Gift Certificate Donated by LiveAquaria
  • (1) 60lbs of Pukani Dry Rock ($203 Value) Donated by Bulk Reef Supply
  • (15) Reef Geek Ladies Tee's (various sizes)
We'll be posting up some pics of prizes in the next few days, so STAY TUNED! :bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few of the raffle items
IMG_1596.jpg

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had some more raffle items come in this morning:

IMG_1603.jpg

Please excuse the crappy iPhone pic. We'll get some better pics once everything comes in.

Last edited:

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys! So a couple things.. It's been two months, we need another video update and what are your feelings towards the upcoming Maxspect Gyre Generator?

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just read thru the entire thread and just have to say wow :hail:! Just curious, how's the scrubber working out for you? I'm looking at the Surf2.....

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was good seeing you today. Tank looks amazing as usual.

It was GREAT seeing you and THANK YOU for the $100 dollar donation for our canned food drive!

:rockon::cheer2::high5::whoo:

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys! So a couple things.. It's been two months, we need another video update and what are your feelings towards the upcoming Maxspect Gyre Generator?

We saw the Gyre Generator in action at MACNA and were super-impressed! We probably won't have time for video until after our Reef Party next weekend, but we do have some updated pics to post up today.

So I just read thru the entire thread and just have to say wow :hail:! Just curious, how's the scrubber working out for you? I'm looking at the Surf2.....

Thank You! We still have nightmares about that day and there were times when we seriously thought about giving up, but then we'd look at our Desjardini who had been dependant on us for so many years and we knew we had to keep up the fight. We also know that we could not have done it without the amazing support of our family, friends and local reef club.

As for the scrubber, we LOVE it! We feed more than ours is designed to handle, so while it doesn't replace the rest of our arsenal against Po4, we have noticed it is taking a longer period of time for GFO to become exhausted. We'll take that!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapped a few coral pics with my iPhone last night:

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 389
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always enjoy seeing your beautiful corals, thanks for sharing!

Thank You, Jackie!

As usual, great looking stuff.

Greg, your tank is an inspiration to us and we appreciate the kind words! A few of our large colonies took some bad hits in the spring between our kalk reactor pump failing and a VERY bad fish choice (C. flavissima). We're just glad that things have settled down and the corals are growing back in.

1649... I want a frag of that one! What's it called?
That is an A. subulata. We purchased a frag from Harry's Frags back in 2012 and it has grown into a gorgeous table. My pics do not do it justice.

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, your tank is an inspiration to us and we appreciate the kind words! A few of our large colonies took some bad hits in the spring between our kalk reactor pump failing and a VERY bad fish choice (C. flavissima). We're just glad that things have settled down and the corals are growing back in.

Thank you for your kind words! I feel your pain I lost several large colonies last spring as well.
I have often thought about getting one of those "lemon peel" angels over the years but have been able to resist the temptation - You just never know what will happen because fish are so hit & miss. For example I have a coral beauty I've had for 10 years and it is a model citizen but I hear horror stories about them all the time. I have had other angels, pyramid butterflies & even regal tangs that were fine for a few years and then turned rogue - you just never know.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back