Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean the DM-155e – the body is very similar but that is where the similarities end.

If you go to their site and look at the design for their value fixture – it is very blue dominant and has only 12 white bulbs at only 4500 K kelvin.

This makes a very dull light that does not light up a tank very well.

If you go to www.reefradiance.com and look at the DM-155e – it has 22 leds at 6500 k Kelvin and 14 k Kelvin.

This is much brighter and looks a lot more like the sun actually looks.

is much less expensive.

you know these are just rebranded chinese leds right? you could probably get them unbranded and cheaper from alibaba

Last edited:

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got yours fast mine took like 3 weeks and ended up not containing the free fuge light advertised, even though I emailed to make sure. Oh well. The light is much nicer than I expected it to be for being a chinese light. I am using it on a frag tank and have not added any coral as of yet so I can't comment on growth, however I think it should work nicely.

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got yours fast mine took like 3 weeks and ended up not containing the free fuge light advertised, even though I emailed to make sure. Oh well. The light is much nicer than I expected it to be for being a chinese light. I am using it on a frag tank and have not added any coral as of yet so I can't comment on growth, however I think it should work nicely.
Sounds like yours might have been on order! i checked to see if he had these in stock prior to ordering.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know these are just rebranded chinese leds right? you could probably get them unbranded and cheaper from alibaba

HI SOCAL,

95 percent of lights sold in the US are what you call " re-rebranded chinese leds ". Unless you create all the components of a light specific to your light only - you are " rebranding " a light that a factory makes for general production. Very similar to when Ford has Mazda build them a truck and puts Ford on it. That is the nature of the business. Where a company distinguishes themselves - as we like to believe we have - is in choosing factories that have been in business a long time and build a great product at a great price. Which is exactly what we do. We vet our factories very carefully and ensure that all samples we receive meet our stringent requirements - with multiple sample runs. When we are finally sure that the light is of high enough quality to wear the Reef Radiance or LUMENTEK brand - then we order them and sell then under that name. And if a light has a problem - then it is shipped here and repaired or replaced here at our facility in the US.

To the second part of your comment - that someone could go on line and buy directly from China, you are correct. However, you are mistaken in your assumption that they would get a better price as our volume allows us to sell our lights at great prices - in fact that is what we are known for - is a great light at a great product. And if you have a problem with your light - and you bought it directly as a consumer from China - what do you do? I hear stories every day of people who have a light and it will cost more to ship China than the light is worth.

To sum it up - we are certainly selling - like every other dealer or distributors in the US ( with few exceptions ) " Chinese rebranded lights " and are proud to do so..

Rick

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI SOCAL,

95 percent of lights sold in the US are what you call " re-rebranded chinese leds ". Unless you create all the components of a light specific to your light only - you are " rebranding " a light that a factory makes for general production. Very similar to when Ford has Mazda build them a truck and puts Ford on it. That is the nature of the business. Where a company distinguishes themselves - as we like to believe we have - is in choosing factories that have been in business a long time and build a great product at a great price. Which is exactly what we do. We vet our factories very carefully and ensure that all samples we receive meet our stringent requirements - with multiple sample runs. When we are finally sure that the light is of high enough quality to wear the Reef Radiance or LUMENTEK brand - then we order them and sell then under that name. And if a light has a problem - then it is shipped here and repaired or replaced here at our facility in the US.

To the second part of your comment - that someone could go on line and buy directly from China, you are correct. However, you are mistaken in your assumption that they would get a better price as our volume allows us to sell our lights at great prices - in fact that is what we are known for - is a great light at a great product. And if you have a problem with your light - and you bought it directly as a consumer from China - what do you do? I hear stories every day of people who have a light and it will cost more to ship China than the light is worth.

To sum it up - we are certainly selling - like every other dealer or distributors in the US ( with few exceptions ) " Chinese rebranded lights " and are proud to do so..

Rick

Very nice...Sums it up great..especially if there's a problem, and if I ordered from China,It would be Christmas by the time I get it..

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Kevin, do not give up. Firstly all our forum sales very clearly state " shipping time of one to three weeks " so if it got to you in three weeks - we kept our promise. However - it concerns me that you said you did not receive your free refuge light. Did you pay for the freight? This was part of the forum sale - and clearly indicated in the sale page. If you did and did not receive it - please email me directly at [email protected] and we will get a light to you immediately.

I would like to just throw out something that I see a lot on the forums and that is the comments like yours about " it is much nice than I expected it being a Chinese light " - . I would ask - when you buy an HP computer or printer - and it works very well - as the chinese made HP I am typing on right now does - do you say " well this computer or printer or my iphone works very well for being a chinese - computer or printer or cellular phone? " I would not think you would. I am not saying this to belittle your comment - but our lights are made in factories right next to the factories that make these products and a huge percentage of American electronics by the same people at the same time. And in most cases - they work very well.

Had to put my two cents in....Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi rebecky45,

I apologize that we have not yet put all the PAR ratings on all of our lights on our site - yet. We have a tremendous amount of information about each light there - but one of my goals for September is to get this done - as this certainly is a factor in purchasing an LED. Keep watching and I promise it will happen.

Rick

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin, do not give up. Firstly all our forum sales very clearly state " shipping time of one to three weeks " so if it got to you in three weeks - we kept our promise. However - it concerns me that you said you did not receive your free refuge light. Did you pay for the freight? This was part of the forum sale - and clearly indicated in the sale page. If you did and did not receive it - please email me directly at [email protected] and we will get a light to you immediately.

I would like to just throw out something that I see a lot on the forums and that is the comments like yours about " it is much nice than I expected it being a Chinese light " - . I would ask - when you buy an HP computer or printer - and it works very well - as the chinese made HP I am typing on right now does - do you say " well this computer or printer or my iphone works very well for being a chinese - computer or printer or cellular phone? " I would not think you would. I am not saying this to belittle your comment - but our lights are made in factories right next to the factories that make these products and a huge percentage of American electronics by the same people at the same time. And in most cases - they work very well.

Had to put my two cents in....Rick

WHAT? This Toshiba laptop is Chinese..:fish:

rebecky45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi rebecky45,

I apologize that we have not yet put all the PAR ratings on all of our lights on our site - yet. We have a tremendous amount of information about each light there - but one of my goals for September is to get this done - as this certainly is a factor in purchasing an LED. Keep watching and I promise it will happen.

Rick

Thanks a lot!!! I appreciate your response. :) Looking forward to seeing those PAR readings.

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First i would like to thank Rick for his awesome customer service and communication. a buddy and i jumped on a sale he was running and ordered 5 lights we got the lumentek pro 180s and my buddy fell in love with them. i am waiting to get my d132e in but i have a evergrow 2040 and for being a " Chinese" light it sure grows and preforms just as well if not better then your 500-1000 $ Chinese radions and ai sols etc. for the time, communication, and customer service you get with reef radiance i would prefer that over some expensive light thats shoved in your face because thats what your lfs likes or only carries i recommend these lights to everyone and stand tall behind them everyone has there own preference and reef radiance is my preference.. Happy Reefing and thanks again Rick :)

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3083266.png
gla

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back