Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like the custom is taking precedence it is like the power goes out they come back on the power button must not override the custom

icsparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only happens on the custom setting so it has something to do with the next step in the programing that causes them to come bach on. I found the issue by mistake. If I want the lights to stay off I have to change them to another profile and then turn them off.

icsparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 155 with two 240's on top of canopy. Tank is still in cycle.

DSC_4489.jpg

icsparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock is BRS dry rock. The rock is very light in color. tank has been in cycle so it will take some time for the rocks to color up.

The Flying Turkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP>>>>While on the custom profile I powered down both of my 240's with the power button on the remote and in about 30 min they turned back on. I then turned them off again and they came back on a secound time. I then changed the setting to moon light then turned them off again. This time they stayed off. I could understand if one light was faulty but both lights did the same thing. This only happened on the custom profile which I have set up to change every 30 min. Is there some kind of timer that turns the lights back on even if you turned them off?

Yes, my 120 does this also. but it hasn't been a big deal since I leave mine on custom now.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The custom setting has to be able to power the light back on automatically or that profile would not work. Once they turned off the first time they would never come back on.

If the time is set and you have the profile set up the way you want it then it should only come on during the times you want them on.

Do you mean they come on during a period when you have them set to be off?

The Flying Turkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The custom setting has to be able to power the light back on automatically or that profile would not work. Once they turned off the first time they would never come back on.

If the time is set and you have the profile set up the way you want it then it should only come on during the times you want them on.

Do you mean they come on during a period when you have them set to be off?

What happens with mine is if I am in custom mode, and I want to just turn the lights off and I hit the power button on the remote, the lights turn off, but they turn on again when the next custom time change occurs. I wanted them off during my tank cycle, but the lights kept coming back on. I had to switch out of custom mode, turn the lights off, then they would stay off.

Last edited:

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed something else interesting. Like other have observed if I am in custom mode and I turn the power off it comes back on at the next step time. Then when my lighting cycle conclude and the three channels are all set to 0, the display turns off. Normally when the cycle finishes the display stays on even if all the channels are set to 0.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens with mine is if I am in custom mode, and I want to just turn the lights off and I hit the power button on the remote, the lights turn off, but they turn on again when the next custom time change occurs. I wanted them off during my tank cycle, but the lights kept coming back on. I had to switch out of custom mode, turn the lights off, then they would stay off.

This isn't a big deal, just pick a mode that isn't custom and turn it off from there. Once you are ready to run your lights, turn it on and hit custom again. It makes sense to me why they come back on in custom, that what the program says to do.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a big deal, just pick a mode that isn't custom and turn it off from there. Once you are ready to run your lights, turn it on and hit custom again. It makes sense to me why they come back on in custom, that what the program says to do.

Yeah now I'm understanding & this makes total sense. Just run in Manual mode if you want on/off controllability.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any growth progression or current shots?

I'll accept that challenge! LOL. I have 150 with three EG 2010s over it.

I went back through my build thread to see exactly when I got my EG 2010s. It was October 23, 2013. I don't have a shot of the first day, but to give an idea of growth here are the shots I do have.

09/03/13
2013.09.03 FTS.jpg
'
09/06/13
2013.09.06 FTS2.jpg

09/24/13
2013.09.24 FTS with phone.jpg

10/17/13
2013.10.17 FTS.jpg

11/05/13
2013.11.05 FTS.jpg

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONTINUED

These last two were taken with just two of the three units in place so the corals aren't quite as full as they normally are.

04/06/14
2014.04.06 FTS.jpg

04/16/14
2014.04.16 FTS.jpg

I have moved some stuff around, given away/traded cabbage, duncans, gsp, pocillopora and zoas and had snails dislodge frags causing corals to be stung, etc. If I didn't have so many things that sting each other there is no telling how much growth I would have. :)

Overall, I think the growth is great and would definitely purchase "Chinese LEDs" again.

Last edited:

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am up to 55 white and 70 blue at max with my lumentek 240 with a gradual progression and recession throughout the day . The color of the light is amazing, and I love the programmability. I am seeing corals staying pretty stable, but not a lot of growth thus far. I have only had my lights for 3 weeks. One of my condys has turned almost completely brown from an all white with purple tips. I don't know if it is the light, or something else. Anyone else with any experience with their lumenteks yet?!

BigDaddyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights did you have before Lux? Might have overdone it 50/70 is a high starting point if your tanks not used to it. I started off at 30/50 and am seeing positive results

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back