Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi rick;
Had a problem with 1 of my lumatek 120's today. The power went out for a brief period and when the power came back on, 1 of the lights didn't turn on again. I unplugged and plugged back in, pressed power button and nothing. No lights, no Display on LCD screen. Do these lights have a fuse that might have blown or do I need to send it in? Please help.

Rich

Hi Rjramos, shoot us an email at [email protected] and let our service department get you fixed up.

Rick

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait to get my new light in the mail I got a nano for my son and a nano light for him

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my light in February of this year and the growth was good to begin with but it was slowly went down hill. 70gal tank 48inch long x 20 tall x18 deep. Water parameters are all fine.

I can't get any color and very little growth, I have tried different setting with no success. I started with 45 white and 50 blue and I'm currently at 65 blue 35 white.

I had my friend buy this light also and he been keep a reef tank for about 12 years and we're both have the same issue. Can anyone give me some insight on settings the pro240?

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only real way to tell what to set it at is with a par meter. I got mine around the same time and my stuff is still growing like crazy. What are your levels and what are you trying to grow?

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only real way to tell what to set it at is with a par meter. I got mine around the same time and my stuff is still growing like crazy. What are your levels and what are you trying to grow?
35 white 65 blue
Just under water 340
Mid 245
Sand 140

Tank is 20inches deep and light is 16 inches above water.

Zoa is doing good
3 different brains doing very bad
1 euphyllia died the other not doing well
Mushroom has no color
Polyps isn't growing and faded color

Last edited:

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try running your 240 pro at 20 white 40 blue max for a bit. My max on my 24" deep tank is 30 white. And it only runs at 30 for 3 hrs the rest is ramp up and down. The first and last hour of my schedule is just 15 blue also. My stuff seems to be doing good. Zoas are growing like weeds.

dmkahlan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35 white 65 blue
Just under water 340
Mid 245
Sand 140

Tank is 20inches deep and light is 16 inches above water.

Zoa is doing good
3 different brains doing very bad
1 euphyllia died the other not doing well
Mushroom has no color
Polyps isn't growing and faded color

Sorry you're having those issues. I've had my PRO 120s running since June and my corals have been doing great. I've got my whites dialed back - they max out a 20 for 1.5 hrs and are only on for 8.5 hrs. My blues top out at 65 and they're on for 13.5 hrs. My Lunar lights max out a 6 and are on all but 6.5 hrs.

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the same problems with my white levels being too high. I went to all blues for a couple weeks to get things to stop bleaching out. I posted about it on this thread and a separate one as well. Since then I have seen a lot of improvement. My whites ramp up to 15 max and are only on for 5 hours. The blues max at 60 and are on for 14 hrs. I am getting much better growth in everything except the sps that were dying off before. THey have not come back unfortunately. A new Monti is doing great though so that has given me some hope. My acans and frogspawn don't have a lot of rich color but that as been a normal experience for me with LEDs vs. T5's.

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the same problems with my white levels being too high. I went to all blues for a couple weeks to get things to stop bleaching out. I posted about it on this thread and a separate one as well. Since then I have seen a lot of improvement. My whites ramp up to 15 max and are only on for 5 hours. The blues max at 60 and are on for 14 hrs. I am getting much better growth in everything except the sps that were dying off before. THey have not come back unfortunately. A new Monti is doing great though so that has given me some hope. My acans and frogspawn don't have a lot of rich color but that as been a normal experience for me with LEDs vs. T5's.
Thank you for the info, I'm going to change the settings today and see what happens before I take the light down.

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the info, I'm going to change the settings today and see what happens before I take the light down.

No problem. Turn the whites down and give it a few weeks. I noticed a difference in that time. Now I have noticed a good amount of growth in my softies and rics (not really a big deal) but when compared to before I am happy. Most of all I am happy with the recent growth on my monti

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my whites off this morning and I plan on leaving them off for a week and then slowly increase the whites.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its nice to hear other people are having good luck running there lights with alot of blue. I'm doing the same. My stuff has been looking good. With great growth.

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found in my new tank with more space that I got a downhill of a lot of corals and lost a bunch of zoas. I have it 14in above and its a 57 DB rimless. I had 40w peak and 60 blue peak. I turned my whites to a peak of 16 and my blues to 58 peak. This is with a 530am start and ramps to 11 peak to 1 and ramp down to 8pm. Then I have the moon on till 12. Most are showing signs of health in 2 weeks. Some of the zoas though melted away I have one colony that seems to be about gone the other 3 look better amd returning color.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back