Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the market for a led light for my 24x24 frag tank and decided to give Reef Radiance a shot.
I order the DM-155e from Rick, August 20,2013 and received it August 22,2013,(talk about fast shipping). I'm already pleased and haven't even taken it outta the box. Very well packed and the checklist inside makes me think this company is top notched, Spent a couple days setting it up and when i turned it on I was at aw on how bright it was, but with the (2) dimmers to control the lights I knew I wouldn't have a problem with my corals, I can't say enough about Reef Radiance but I'm glad i chose them..Thanks for the light and the ease on my wallet..I will give another update in a couple weeks to tell ya how my corals are growing...:bigsmile:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...-tank-build-need-some-advice.html#post1495620

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7,377
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 7,253
Last edited:

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference between this light and the Reef Breeder's Value Fixture?

What colors does it come with?

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference between this light and the Reef Breeder's Value Fixture?

What colors does it come with?

If you mean the DM-155e – the body is very similar but that is where the similarities end.

If you go to their site and look at the design for their value fixture – it is very blue dominant and has only 12 white bulbs at only 4500 K kelvin.

This makes a very dull light that does not light up a tank very well.

If you go to www.reefradiance.com and look at the DM-155e – it has 22 leds at 6500 k Kelvin and 14 k Kelvin.

This is much brighter and looks a lot more like the sun actually looks.

is much less expensive.

bigredneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for mine to come now. I bought three for my 180. Should be here this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Fr

bigredneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I can't wait. Have been wanting to make the switch for awhile.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I can't wait. Have been wanting to make the switch for awhile.

Well im keeping the t5 on the main till i see the results but so far 3 days past and i can tell all sps in frag tank are extended great..

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Budman - appreciate the kind words. We work very hard to provide the best prices and the best service, and it is really cool to hear - no matter how many times I hear it - that someone appreciates our prices and products. Thanks again, Rick and the Team at Reef Radiance.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean the DM-155e – the body is very similar but that is where the similarities end.

If you go to their site and look at the design for their value fixture – it is very blue dominant and has only 12 white bulbs at only 4500 K kelvin.

This makes a very dull light that does not light up a tank very well.

If you go to www.reefradiance.com and look at the DM-155e – it has 22 leds at 6500 k Kelvin and 14 k Kelvin.

This is much brighter and looks a lot more like the sun actually looks.

is much less expensive.

The 4500k nuetral whites are not dim, and they are in fact much closer to the color of the sun than cool whites. They contain more greean and amber, which contributes to coloration. Also, our lights have a lot more 420nm violet, which makes a pretty decent difference in coral growth. The color is about a 14k output, the whites are very bright, so more than 12 will lower the kelvin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 4500k nuetral whites are not dim, and they are in fact much closer to the color of the sun than cool whites. They contain more greean and amber, which contributes to coloration. Also, our lights have a lot more 420nm violet, which makes a pretty decent difference in coral growth. The color is about a 14k output, the whites are very bright, so more than 12 will lower the kelvin.

Well I didn't want to get in a war game picking lights
Its sorta like a picking a new car,Everyone has there preference
I'm just please with the light I received..and so far would recommenced them to anyone.
Like I said Ill let ya know in a couple weeks how my corals are doing.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks Reef Breeders - for the input. Taking the high road - why don't we let our customers decide? This particular customer made his choice and it was for the light he felt was best for him. I am sure there are customers that might prefer your light.
Rick

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Reef Breeders - for the input. Taking the high road - why don't we let our customers decide? This particular customer made his choice and it was for the light he felt was best for him. I am sure there are customers that might prefer your light.
Rick

I totally agree..Its my opinion and your right i chose ReefRadiance..

Muney Mun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budman glad to hear ur getting ur frag tank up and going can't wait to come back down ur direction and visit. Hope to c y'all soon and can't wait to knock back a couple of the cold uns

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budman glad to hear ur getting ur frag tank up and going can't wait to come back down ur direction and visit. Hope to c y'all soon and can't wait to knock back a couple of the cold uns

You know it..BTW hows your stuff...

Im always ready for some cold ones..

Muney Mun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is doing great even the sps are so I've went out and got a couple different acroporas so maybe when I head back down ill have enough growth to bring you a bobos better blend pack for free. I plan visiting sooner than later so I might have to wait for the next trip after that because I doubt ill have enough growth in the next few weeks to do anything. I got my new t5s and everything is growing much better than it was with that beamswork led fixture I had. I'm fixin to setup the t5s with beamswork fixture up that way I know I have plenty of light. Did u get anything new from that aqua ad live sale the last couple of weeks because they had sum awesome deals going on?

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is doing great even the sps are so I've went out and got a couple different acroporas so maybe when I head back down ill have enough growth to bring you a bobos better blend pack for free. I plan visiting sooner than later so I might have to wait for the next trip after that because I doubt ill have enough growth in the next few weeks to do anything. I got my new t5s and everything is growing much better than it was with that beamswork led fixture I had. I'm fixin to setup the t5s with beamswork fixture up that way I know I have plenty of light. Did u get anything new from that aqua ad live sale the last couple of weeks because they had sum awesome deals going on?

OH yeah did I ,Shipping out tomorrow so Wednesday the goodies will be here, Its gonna feel like Christmas eve tomorrow night,Wont be able to sleep.Ill stay in touch with ya on here and shoot u some pics BTW ill send you some of my corals i have in the frag tank,The color really stands out using the DM155e You outta check them out,Price was perfect for me.
DM-155e - Reef Radiance

Muney Mun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at that fixture but with my 55 I think ill need at least 2 and also been looking at that ever grow fixture also but I can't save up enough money to get them cause of all the live sales right now I've got a bunch of frags that I got to let grow out but when they do ill have a big variety of different corals to share. Gonzo is suppose to be having a nice sale coming up so I don't know when ill have time to save money. I'm officially a reef junky and least I'm out of the denial stage huh

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at that fixture but with my 55 I think ill need at least 2 and also been looking at that ever grow fixture also but I can't save up enough money to get them cause of all the live sales right now I've got a bunch of frags that I got to let grow out but when they do ill have a big variety of different corals to share. Gonzo is suppose to be having a nice sale coming up so I don't know when ill have time to save money. I'm officially a reef junky and least I'm out of the denial stage huh

It only gets worse,55 now You will run outta room so u probably will upgrade to a 120 soon,Dont do the 90 its not worth the transfer, IMO I went from a 75 to the 120 and now I wish i would went to 225 but Live and learn...Sit back enjoy watching them grow,soon you will be fragging every week.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick

I think what he said was not accurate, especially not having experience with our lights. I was just adding my input, and did not mean to come off as insulting your product.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what he said was not accurate, especially not having experience with our lights. I was just adding my input, and did not mean to come off as insulting your product.

Your right,send me a light and Ill demo for ya..lol
BUT....The customer service was also top notch @ reefradiance.. & $$$$$$$$

Back