LED lighting for 135gal??? recommendations...

EPo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

New to the posting thing. I have a 6'L 135gal tank. Been up and running for a little over a year now, fish only with some nice artificial coral heads i found online. I enjoy the tank and saltwater hobby, but i am ready to switch over to a reef tank. I am in the slow process of researching what i need to do this. Right now i am searching lighting. I am leaning towards leds over T5s. I like the cost saving feature over time and the overall look underwater. So I am asking who has LED lights? what brand and why? I am leaning toward the Maxspect Razors, (a little less money then the Radion) i am not sure what will be adequate for my purposes. My tank has 2 support stretchers at the top, at 1/3 increments. not sure if this will affect the lighting overhead or if it will be minimal. Anyway trying to decide between Razors (2) of the 160 watt at 27", or (3) of the 120 watt at 20" also what is the difference between 10000K and 16000K. do the 16 just have more blue?

Corals i am looking to purchase in the future will be soft corals, mushrooms, lps and maybe a sps

thanks

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with 2 units to total coverage. And the LED units your looking at will more than cover your needs with corals. Razor is a very nice adjustable unit, with good coloring.
I just use the dimmable 120w Reef Breeder knock off over on side of the tank and a Hydra over the other, love the color of the Hydra better, and it is also adjustable if I got the controller, of which I will not be doing, I just run em at 100%.

Last edited:

mikeyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked into reefradiance lumentek series ? I'm waiting for the new lumentek 360 that I ordered for my 90gal to be delivered. Supposed to be a awesome fixture

OP
OP
EPo

EPo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for the responses. Yes I just reviewed the Lumentek. I like the ease of use with the remote and the customer service sounds great. I'm trying to find some information on the colors as well as pics of reefs using these lights.

mikeyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't set them up yet, will be up and running this week. Will let you know more than. If they work as good as they look they will be awesome. .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back