Radion From Gen 1 to Gen 3 pro's??

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Im about to pull the trigger on upgrading my Radion Gen 1's to the Gen 3 pro's. Im curious if anyone on here has made that leap and if so have you seen a significant difference in your corals? I figured before I spend over $500 (I have 2 radions on my set up) I would see if it's worth it..

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't made the switch from an older radion but I did have an AI SOL Blue and went to a radion gen 3 Pro. I believe the uv aspect of it is where the difference comes in. I'm getting colors I've never seen my corals have before in 2 yrs between a halide and an AI sol vs. this new radion.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't made the switch from an older radion but I did have an AI SOL Blue and went to a radion gen 3 Pro. I believe the uv aspect of it is where the difference comes in. I'm getting colors I've never seen my corals have before in 2 yrs between a halide and an AI sol vs. this new radion.

Cool, ya better light sepctrum going on in the Gen 3 pro's then the Gen 1's..

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I made the jump from a gen 1 to gen 3 upgrade. I didn't do the pro.
I am happy with the money spent. A little better color. Growth has been good.

If you are expecting night and day difference, you will be disappointed.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the jump to pro from gen1 and couldn't be more happier. The colors are much better now specially on my milli's. Only setback is I am having green algae growth, dunno if it's the lights because of the additional yellow led or I am feeding too much.
But yeah It was worth the money for the upgrade

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! What percentage are you running them at? Are you using a preset graph or custom?

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine @ 55% with one of the presets. Don't know the name but it is the second one.

Cool, I just bumped up my Gen 1's to 50%. But I believe you are running the Radiant Color graph. Thats what im running as well

pugbug99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I was looking into upgrades my understanding was the only thing that gets upgraded are the fans. the only difference in the generations is an additional color in the leds

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my gen 3 pros will be to me on Tues. Everything was doing great @ 65% on my Gen 1's. Whats a good start point on the Gen 3 pro's?

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the gen 3 pros a more powerful then the old gen 1's. So I figured I should probably start at a lower intensity..

Back