LED lighting? What's the best?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Vega's on my last tank and they did ok. On the current tank (75g) I've got two Kessil A360ew's. I've got sps, lps and softies and everything seems to love them. SPS is showing growth. My superman rhodactis just split after being in the tank only 4 mths. My blasto's are nice and full. I could never get the vega's dialed in just right. With the kessil you just set the color and intensity. I have mine attached with the gooseneck brackets and love the nice clean look.

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get great color on LPS and SPS with my Hydra 52s. $750 vs $600 a unit.

9balliw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon with 2 hydra 52's and love them. I had gone thru some lights started w 4 bulb t5 then cheap LEDs then 400 mh w reef brights and I can honestly say that the 52's by far my favorite. I also have a radion gen 2 on a nuvo 38 and like it alright but like the ai's better for cheaper Both are great lights I have seen the new radions the look good. Good luck. Can't go wrong

veselym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you planning on keeping? Lps, sps or mixed?

My AI Sols grow my LPS and are super easy to adjust with the controller

veselym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's really your preference then...Reefbreeders makes a good fixture that's cheaper but I don't like the programming function on it

I have heard success stores with just about every light out there so do some research and find out what suits you best

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the kessil's should work great and the price isn't too bad on them either. They put off a great shimmer effect to. If you can I'd say try to find people in your area that have the different types and go see them in person if you can.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've opened a can of worms here. Your gonna get all types of answers. I also run LEDs and love them. Have had them for two years any get amazing growth. I've seen the same results with cheep Chinese LEDs to the most expensive, like mine, Vertex Illumina. Personally my best advice is stick to a budget and look at customer service and what functions you want. Best advice after you install whatever you go with is start them out on a low setting, like 20%, whites the blues at like 80, and slowly increase over a few months. It's much easier to kill coral with to much light vs not enough.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Hydra 52's on my current tank and loved them! SPS, Softies, w/e they all did well. Full spectrum and potent! I used 3 over a 6 foot 125g tank and have them for sale under the sale section if you are shopping ;)

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use 3---18". ACAN LED PRISM panels on our 150g love the auto mode feature where it simulates the complete dawn to dusk to moon cycle. Going up to full percentage during noonish, then ramping down to moon late at night.

We use Kessil 150 with Stunners strips on on JBJ nano

And a Kessil A350W on our 20g Frag tank.

All in all LED'S have done really good in all our tanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back