Need advise. Please help!

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mustard up the money to pull the trigger on the upgrade on my radion Gen 1's to Gen 3 pro's. As most know to upgrade Gen 1's to Gen 3 pro's you have to send your light into Ecotech and it takes about a week to get back to you. So I have a back up lighting system. Its a coralife aqua light pro w/ 2 x 250MH and I have 2 x reefbrite LED strips (all blue). So Im planning on using it while my radion's are getting the upgrade. I dont want to shock my corals to much with the sudden light change. How long should I run my MH's? Right now im running the radions at 65%. Should I run the MH's for maybe 4 or 5 hours during the day then just the reefbrites the rest of the time? Less time on the MH's maybe? Please advise.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the "screen affect" which means simply go the the nearest hardware center and buy a roll of replacement window screen wire and cut a sheet to cover the top of the tank. That way, you would not have to adjust your timers at all.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back