Kessil a350w percentage?

Miketc17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kessil a350w, which I upgraded from a Finnex Marine+, over my 27g cube. I have mainly LPS's and lots of zoa's. I'm running blues and whites at 80% for 10 hours. Is this too high? What do you guys run yours at? Everything seems to be doing fine besides my acans, they are growing but they've lost their color.

Chpaige

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 over a Red Sea Max 130D. 100% intense and color for 12 hours a day, was seeing some color issues with my grade B acans, placed them on the bottom and now they're fine.

OP
OP
Miketc17

Miketc17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my a360we at about 60% intensity and 50% blue and have seen it cause bleaching at this level.
I haven't seen any bleaching yet and I've been running it for a few weeks now. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

I just bumped mine to 63% int and 50 color.
How do you know it's precisely at 63%?

I run 2 over a Red Sea Max 130D. 100% intense and color for 12 hours a day, was seeing some color issues with my grade B acans, placed them on the bottom and now they're fine.
That's very interesting because the ONLY coral I'm having issues with is my little acan frag. It's been on the sand bed ever since I got it and it was very colorful when I first got it, but then it lost it's color. It's growing and everything, just not much color.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is too much at first. Run your intensity about 60-65%. Kessils look a bit dim, but they are putting out the needed light for sure.

The only real way you can know the exact percentage is to have an Apex or similar system. However, just turn your know all the way down and all the way up, negotiate about 60% a bit over half to full and you will be good.

OP
OP
Miketc17

Miketc17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is too much at first. Run your intensity about 60-65%. Kessils look a bit dim, but they are putting out the needed light for sure.

The only real way you can know the exact percentage is to have an Apex or similar system. However, just turn your know all the way down and all the way up, negotiate about 60% a bit over half to full and you will be good.

Cool thanks for the information! One more question, do you think it will be enough light for a 40g breeder? I'm looking to upgrade.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes it will be enough, depending on the corals. It might not be for SPS, but everything else, yes.

OP
OP
Miketc17

Miketc17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will be enough, depending on the corals. It might not be for SPS, but everything else, yes.
Cool, I'm not very worried about SPS. I only have two little frags anyway. Can I keep a clam or an anemone with it?

I just saw the Kessil ad on la fish guys, and the shimmer from the point source light was really great.
I love the light. The shimmer is great.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch your coral on the white intensity they will tell you if its too high my lps and softies when i was around 60-70% stopped opening i dropped the whites back and they opened up and stay open most of the time

lionfish5740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ I agree about the whites being too high. My growth pretty much stopped for a while. Cut my whites down and now things are open up again and growing.

OP
OP
Miketc17

Miketc17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch your coral on the white intensity they will tell you if its too high my lps and softies when i was around 60-70% stopped opening i dropped the whites back and they opened up and stay open most of the time

^ I agree about the whites being too high. My growth pretty much stopped for a while. Cut my whites down and now things are open up again and growing.

Very good to know! Thanks for the help guys!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back