36" Current USA Orbit marine Saltwater Reef Lighting

jdmLuzon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this light fixture and i am playing with it. any suggestion on what is the right ballast of lighting for coral colors? like should i increase the actinic blue higher than the white? or should i keep them even?
all input would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

bobbyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same light on my 40g breeder tank. I use a 14,000k 150w halide with the standard 96 watt actinics. I really like the color I get from both of the lights. I only run the halide for 5 hours a day though. My coral seem to like it. The next step for me will be to hang it rather than it sitting on the tank. I need to put a little distance in between the lights and the tank to cut back on heat.

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have 2 of the 48" fixtures. I haven't put any frags in yet, but I am trying out a 80 to 40 ratio right now, with whites at 40 and blues at 80. It makes the fish and corraline look like they are somewhat glowing, but I actually like it. And my system is fairly new(little over a month) and corraline is already cropping up..

OP
OP
jdmLuzon

jdmLuzon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same light on my 40g breeder tank. I use a 14,000k 150w halide with the standard 96 watt actinics. I really like the color I get from both of the lights. I only run the halide for 5 hours a day though. My coral seem to like it. The next step for me will be to hang it rather than it sitting on the tank. I need to put a little distance in between the lights and the tank to cut back on heat.

thank yoy

OP
OP
jdmLuzon

jdmLuzon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have 2 of the 48" fixtures. I haven't put any frags in yet, but I am trying out a 80 to 40 ratio right now, with whites at 40 and blues at 80. It makes the fish and corraline look like they are somewhat glowing, but I actually like it. And my system is fairly new(little over a month) and corraline is already cropping up..

thank you

Back