Which led should I get?

deepseasurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a 75 gallon tank with mostly sps some LPS and rare zoas I want to get some opinions on lights I am between 5 lights if anyone would help I would appreciate it my lights I am looking at are 1)Reef radiance dm165p+ 2 of them 2)Reef Breeders photon 48 3)Evergrow IT2040 sold by reef radiance also 2 of them 4)Zetlight zt6600 qmaven 5) Maxspect 300 watt now before anyone goes and start throwing opinions I will tell you what I want them for I want to do a sps dominated mostly with that in mind a light that can grow almost any sps or coral I demand for that matter and I want a zoa garden on the sandbed so keep that in mind thanks ahead of time if anyone can help me out here I have been debating it for a while and if anyone has any other led in that price range that would fit my 75 gallon tank that they would recommend would be cool to thanks guys..!

EricTMah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm quite happy with my 2 maxspect 120W over my 48X24X24 tank.

I'm mostly SPS with some zoas and LPS. I found with my maxspects, I have to keep my zoas and LPS near the bottom of the tank or they'll burn.

One thing I really like about the maxspects are the way they look. IMO the nicest looking heat sink available to higher end LED's. I hang my lights and not enclosed in a canopy. So aesthetics were important to me.

OP
OP
deepseasurfer

deepseasurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like the way you control it that's my only downfall about it is I with it had more modes and information I am really leaning towards a controllable one the zt6600 has thunder clouds everything and apex ready but coverage isn't that good for $899 the dm165p+ has a app to controll them and the evergrow has a lcd screen to change all your setting and a remote

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the reefbreeder lights they also come with a 2 year warranty. On the other side i do have the OR Artics over my 93 and i really like them 2 i still like the 2 year warranty with RB. but i have realized with the OR i don't really need the ramp up ramp down period these lights grow chalices like crazy

Have no problem growing any type of corals. When it comes to the cloud effect i feel its really about if the user likes the effect i don't know if it really helps the corals much not sure tho

Just my opinion.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once i set the light cycle i don't really ever have to touch them again thats why i really didn't care if they were apex controlled and like i said they are super cheap and work great at least for me! I'm putting the photon 32 and 48 over my 265

OP
OP
deepseasurfer

deepseasurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tight spot in choosing a light you think the Photon 48 could grow anything In a 75 gal tank I have a lot of sps now millipora acros monti ect. And rare zoaa

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tight spot in choosing a light you think the Photon 48 could grow anything In a 75 gal tank I have a lot of sps now millipora acros monti ect. And rare zoaa

yeah its rough it took me awhile to pick one. either way you will make it work! do you have a tank build?

OP
OP
deepseasurfer

deepseasurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413941171.959741.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413941187.965330.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413941202.591765.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413941216.747588.jpg

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef breeders photon 48 on a 75. They will grow sps just fine. But when you use led the shading of sps can be pretty bad. The parts that wee the light are nice but the under sides not so much. All led will have this issue. I don't really see how it could even be fixed other than adding t5 to supplement. Led is very directional.

OP
OP
deepseasurfer

deepseasurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much perfect placement right the maxspect razor 300watt shouldn't have a single problem with growing anything on a 75 gallon

Mikesmith34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the photon 48 on my 90 gallon and I love it. It is easy to set it and forget it. It does the cloudy thing but I never use it. I have acros, other sps , LPS and several colonies of zoes. I had 500 w of mh with t5 supplements and I much prefer this light. The ramp up/down customization is very simple. Customer service with reef breeders is exceptional, and don't forget the warranty!! I run mine at about 80% and it grows sticks very well as long as your water params are solid however that's the case with any light. You can spend more money on a light but why? Get the P48 you will love it

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back