Questions about rapid led

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running rapid led on a 90 gallon tank and am wondering what most people run them at intensity wise. I am struggling to get just the right setting. I did go a little over on the lights as I got the 180 kit and am using 2 of them until I get the big tank. I am running white at 25% blues and colors at 50% at the moment.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the key is to pick an intensity and photoperiod and stick with it so things have a chance to adapt. Err on the side of less at first. Once things are stable then slowly adjust. Height over the water is just as critical as anything else. Also depends on the corals u are keeping.

I have rapidled over a 18 gallon with 28 emitters (about twice recommended I think) on 100% for 6 hours with ramps up and down. There are 19 RB/blue, 6 white, and 3 uv. Height is 8". It's a relatively deep tank and the light is a little too much for the acros at the top but they are somewhat adapted. I am raising the fixture about half an inch every couple months and so far get better color every time I do. But need to go slow. Everything is growing well.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine at 20" above tank and have been playing with intensity in little increments . Had my uv and color off thinking it was causing my nuisance algae and that wasn't a good idea as I lost color from some of my sps. Seems to be getting better just looking for ideas. I was at 55 on color and blues and seemed too much. I will just keep tinkering with it at 5% until I like get the best looking sps I can. I wonder if my whites are a little low.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This kit has 60 optics I am thinking they are just really Intense for the 90. Hoping to have the big tank before too long.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back