Lighting help

Akakta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am trying to figure out how much light I need for my tank.. Right now I have t5 4 bulbs 48" and want to upgrade to ecotech radion-xr30w. My tank is a 155 bow face tank and I'm trying to figure out if I need two or three of the ecotech radion-xr30w. Or how would I go about figureing out how much lighting I need?

OP
OP
A

Akakta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then are they really worth it? Or should I just keep my t5 because I don't plan on really having to much hard coral. And my tank is 6ft long 2ft high and at its widest its 2ft. Does anyone have any suggestions on lighting?

Dan1789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can afford it, why not get a couple radions. 2 Radions with t5 supplements would be nice. On my 90g I run 2 radions with 2 retrofit t5s.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the first question I have to ask....do you want to keep more hard corals? If you just deal with LPS and softies, I think t5 is a good choice...you might just buy a new 6 ft fixture ... CORALVUE had one in their discontinued product list.

If it is a heat or power consumption issue, LED is the way to go. I would check out reef radiance as they have really good fixtures at a fair price...I find all ecotech products a bit overpriced, but give me a PM if you want to go with the rations...I have a connection

Forgot to say, you would need 3 of either LED fixture above.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back