60 cube 2ftx3 radion xr15 or xr30? (pro)

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 cube and have been saving for Radions what do you suggest I get, the 15's or the 30's either or I'm getting pro just wondering about coverage I have mainly LPS but I am considering getting into sps in the near future.

jservedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 cube and have been saving for Radions what do you suggest I get, the 15's or the 30's either or I'm getting pro just wondering about coverage I have mainly LPS but I am considering getting into sps in the near future.

A single XR30 pro is more than enough for your 60g cube. Throwing the wide angle lenses (120 degree) would be really good for an LPS tank.

ravenjred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion XR15 Pro vs. Maxspect R420R Razor

Hey guys,
I am debating whether to get the Radion XR15pro or the Maxspect Razor R420R in 16k. Any thoughts? It would be for a new build of a 60g. cube.
Thanks

OP
OP
J

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tmw I am going to pick up some Radions I've found online they are G2 pros super excited I'll post some pics when I have them set up and everything adjusts.

Wrasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting 2 radion pros tomorrow with the rms mounts and wide angle lenses. Cant wait!

OP
OP
J

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly before I set mine up I need to buy the rms, spending all my savings on my light (I'm only 17 just finished building my custom sump) and have to wait till next week when I get paid to buy it unless I can get a loan from my dad till I'm paid lol

Wrasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha i hear ya. Ive been saving for a while so tomorrow will be like Xmas morning for me

OP
OP
J

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea have you ever had Radions? I've only seen them on YouTube and tanks in my LFS, going to be a huge upgrade from my marineland reef brights lol I've grown to hate those **** lights, builds much more excitement

Wrasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i haven't. I just upgraded to a 110 gal and am doing this build right the firsr time. I just recently sold my pair of kessil 360w to put toward the radions. They are great lights but not strong enough for sps

OP
OP
J

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I figure with Radions I'm safe to try anything I want, my parameters have been quite well in the 6 months especially with the upgrade from canister to sump (first reef tank started it off Christmas savings cheated out with lights and filtration), I will be giving some easy montipora a try in the near future.

OP
OP
J

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my Radions, I'm having trouble setting them up, they were used and didn't come with disk, but I called Ecotech they said you can do it from their site, I try to change something and it just says saving and doesn't stop.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back