LED recommendation for a frag/QT tank?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to decide what light to buy for my frag QT tank. I use radions over my tanks that are set up continually, but I hesitate to pay the radion price for a light that won't be used continually. I want something that will be quality and that will make the corals look good (since I'll have to be looking at them under this light until they move to the DT). I am thinking about using a Kessil, since I've heard awesome reviews. Reef Radiance also has a good light (reviews are good) at a good price.

Recommendations? Specific models? Btw, if you recommend a Kessil, please also recommend a color. :D

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You talking about a frag tank setup or a frag swap setup like we were talking about before? You know my answer for the swap setup. But if your setting up a frag tank I would just leave it up permanently and use a radion. It will be easier to keep the corals all under the same circumstances and there won't be any type of acclamation needed when going from one system to another.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You talking about a frag tank setup or a frag swap setup like we were talking about before? You know my answer for the swap setup. But if your setting up a frag tank I would just leave it up permanently and use a radion. It will be easier to keep the corals all under the same circumstances and there won't be any type of acclamation needed when going from one system to another.

This question was actually about a coral QT setup to be used with new pieces which is probably the same thing I'd end up using occasionally for frag swaps, so it's basically what we were talking about before. I do want to set up a permanent frag tank (which would be more of propagation system than a QT), and I'd definitely use a radion over that one since I'd want to keep those frags under the same lighting that's in my display. ...I kind of think I'm complicating things probably.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back