10 Gal Frag tank lighting

MdgtRac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently set uo a 10 gal frag tank with three tiers of egg crate. 1 tier is about 3 inches of the surface, one about 5 and 1 about 8 inches from the surfarce. i would like to do a mix of corals, mostly lps and zoo bt some sps kicking around. Will the Current orbit led lighrt work for my situation? Right now i have the kessil a150w deep ocean blue over the tank and i just havent gotten any growth, the colors are amazing but i feel the light does not provide enough white spectrum. I know that the surrent is fully dimmable with two channels of white and blue, so i can work actinics for visual affects as well as have the white light needed for growth, But is it strong enought for my needs?

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 10g frag tank also I just ordered 2 - 48 LED lights off ebay and they both were $27 shipped. There are 36 white and 12 blue LED's so I will have 72 white and 24 blue. For the price it is worth a shot to see it they will work. They will not be here until after the first of he year since they are coming from China. I will try to remember to do a thread with my progress using them.

RafaelAtkinsonJr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 10g frag tank also I just ordered 2 - 48 LED lights off ebay and they both were $27 shipped. There are 36 white and 12 blue LED's so I will have 72 white and 24 blue. For the price it is worth a shot to see it they will work. They will not be here until after the first of he year since they are coming from China. I will try to remember to do a thread with my progress using them.
Interested in what kind u ordered. Got a link?

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me know what you think of them. I am hoping that 2 of them will work over a 10g tank. if they don't I am only out a few bucks so it is worth a shot.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back