Kessil a360we help

TarHeelReefer22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have been running leds now for over 3 years and have been more than satisfied with the growth and color from my sps. I have now purchased the kessil a360 models and will be switching over to them this weekend. My question for you guys is what light schedule should I be running them to make sure my corals don't stress the change too much. currently I am running my fixtures which are just blues and whites at blues 100 percent for 10 hours and whites 5 hours at 50-60 percent. everything is happy and acclimated to this schedule so I am unsure of what I should start the cycle. I am in a standard 75

lionfish5740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As usual, better to play it safe and start dimmer than you think is ok and/or shorter lighting period.
I ramp up/down my 360s color to 60% at the peak of the day. I found that my corals responded better with not ramping up to higher % white light with these.
IMO, Intensity will depend on how high off the water and how deep your tank is. Only increase one aspect at a time, i.e. color, intensity or period each week and watch your corals response.
I just added another 360 to my long shallow tank for preparation of SPS and are currently ramping up the intensity all over again to be careful.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back