USA Orbit Led

saltynovice378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have luck with this brand? I have an RSM 130d and want to take out my T5's and this fixture. It should work in my closed hood system.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although it is a neat light, it is not adequate for your light loving corals. I have one that I use on a breeding tank. Your T5's put out much more light that it.

OP
OP
saltynovice378

saltynovice378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike.. I heard the opposite. My tank is 29 gallons and heard that this puts out some good light for sps as well as lps. Im not happy with my T5 or the moon lights built into the hood. Thanks for your feed back.

Rallye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the 24"-36" orbit fixture over my 20 IM Fusion zoa garden and my zoas dulled in color. I switched over to a kessil a160we and everything looks great now. I would keep the stock t5s or look elsewhere for a led fixture

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty,

I have the 24 inch version of the Orbits. I supplement my coral using a cheap coralife 24 inch t5ho set up with two 24 watt actinics. Overall I really love this light. My cube is only 25-28 inches deep from sand bed to lights, so I have had no issues, and I only run my t5s during the middle of the day peak light schedule. For the timer on my T5s I just got a cheap dial timer off of amazon. For the functions and built in features you really do get a nice setup.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike.. I heard the opposite. My tank is 29 gallons and heard that this puts out some good light for sps as well as lps. Im not happy with my T5 or the moon lights built into the hood. Thanks for your feed back.
We have it on our standard 29g and works really well.

tjgr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great fixture. The electronics are pretty well sealed, and I think it would be fine in a hood. The controller is really nice, too. Unfortunately, it's not very powerful. I've got one on my tank and have to supplement it with a Marineland Reef strip to keep the corals happy.

OP
OP
saltynovice378

saltynovice378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are releasing a brand new fixture in the spring call the marine pro similar to the freshwater pro that they have it supposed to be more powerful I emailed current usa that is what they told me

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed the company about this light for my 29gal a few months ago... The guy said not to get it if I want to raise anything more then a few softies... I trust a company when they tell you that their product is not right for the application I want to use it for...

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed the company about this light for my 29gal a few months ago... The guy said not to get it if I want to raise anything more then a few softies... I trust a company when they tell you that their product is not right for the application I want to use it for...

Thank you. I am trying to help out a fellow reefer, hoping that they'd not waste money. Like I said in a previous post, I have this light. I also said that it's a cool light. I used it on a shrimp breeding tank and it really didn't do a good job keeping algae alive. As is stated KorD, even the company admits "where high par values aren't needed." This light has .25 watt LED chips for a total of 18 watts. A reef tank needs like 165 watts for a small tank. As with several other so called "saltwater aquarium" lights, don't fall into the trap with these LED chip lights. A good light will have at least 3 watt LED's.

It is stated in this add - kudos to Current Marine for not falsely advertising their product:

Current USA Orbit Marine LED Lighting Fixtures

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back