AI Prime or Nanobox tide for nuvo 8

violet21chewy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I&nbsp;haven't seen either light in person but was wondering which would be the better light? I would go over a 8 gallon nuvo.<br>If anyone has pics, please post!<br><br>thanks!<br type="_moz">

sucio_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen either personally, but seen pics of the nano box tides online and on their FB page. I was gonna go that route but decided on a kessil a160we for a 10g fusion.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Iowa person! I have the 26's now, just got them, and I really like the colors. The prime is just 1 of the 26 and 52's pucks so the color should be close. I really like nanobox too, but the prime will have built in wifi and control it with your phone, no other controller needed. Big plus.

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wifi is nice, but nothing earth shattering in terms of the leds they're using. From what I've researched, diy'ers are getting away from the use the cool white/red/green combo in favor of a warm/neutral white & lime combo. The nanobox fixture is where it's at.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nano box fixtures are sweet. They just didn't at the time have a good option for mounting and controlling multiple fixtures over the tank with mounting options for me. Now that he has quit his job and doing lights full time I am excited to see what he bring forward.

I know the folk at nanoreef love the warm whites. On their advise I did a steves kit for a biocube with WW, also my reefbreeders had warm whites and they must be using them differently, because I much prefer the look of the hydras colorwise, but again color is subjective.

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, the key to using the warm/neutral whites is to supplement them with the limes. By doing so, you can run your whites fairly low and still have the tank appear bright. Without this supplementation you must crank the white channel and risk cooking your corals as so many do.

OP
OP
V

violet21chewy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent Dave an email and looks like he is switching to a wireless controller in the next couple weeks! Price for the tide will be 300.00. I just found my mother's day present/b-day present!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back