DM-165e or DM-165p+

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I'm looking to order one of there lights tomorrow because there on sale till the 15th I have a 120 gallon so I will be getting two but just one for now so the real problem is now do I go with the regular light the moonlight version orrrr the p+ be cool to use my iPhone to control the lights but I hurd they have some problems with wifi so plsss help me btw im keeping soft corals for now new tank so but I like these lights no new ideas for lights PLS just confuse me more haha thanks for the help any responded asap much appreciated thanks

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the DM165p+, Reason you can set the times ,I think 24 hours . I have all Reef Radiance lights and like them a lot .DM132, Lumentec 180&240, Now the DM165p+

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I'm looking to order one of there lights tomorrow because there on sale till the 15th I have a 120 gallon so I will be getting two but just one for now so the real problem is now do I go with the regular light the moonlight version orrrr the p+ be cool to use my iPhone to control the lights but I hurd they have some problems with wifi so plsss help me btw im keeping soft corals for now new tank so but I like these lights no new ideas for lights PLS just confuse me more haha thanks for the help any responded asap much appreciated thanks

Hi Mearle,

I cannot tell you which light you should get - as long as you get one of ours.................(-: We have solved the wifi problem with the P+ - in fact the only reason any went out at all was we did not test the timer function as a standard practice - now each light is checked to ensure the timer works perfectly. The factory fixed the problem on their end as soon as we found out about it so all lights in stock or on the way to us will be perfect before going out.

And for those that did go out before we knew about it - we are shipping out replacement wifi boards with a very easy to follow video on youtube that allows anyone to swap it out quickly and easily.

Here is the link to the video -

http://www.reefradiance.com/wifiboard.html

I posted this response as I did not want the fear of a problem to be the determining factor in choosing a light - it should be what works best for you and your budget.

Rick

OP
OP
M

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is deffinently a factor at this point in time for my tank and seeing how the sale ends so soon i may have to go with the fm-165e instead of p+ with that said its a great price and seeing how the wifi has been fixed due to manufacturer error it makes me feel more comfortable getting one but im more curious as to performance from members who have had them for a while but if you Rick have a video that someone includes they have had the light for x amount of time I would appreciate that also thanks again guys

jeffp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my 165P+ last night and no problem with the wi-fi whatsoever. Easy to program and a what a difference between MH and these. Won,t go back to MH. Thanks Rick

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good, you will be happy with the light , Rick is great to deal with ,that`s another reason I will buy his lights !

Tankd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope these are better than the DM-155's. I have had both of my units fails after 8 months on the blue channel. $59 each to repair and it will take a "few weeks". Loved them when they worked but 8 months...really? I was also surprised to hear from someone at RR that this has been an issue with the lights but usually after about a year. Like that makes it better?!?
Please update if you can on how yours last. Thanks

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tankd,

Since I have no idea who you are - I have no idea of how to help you - if that is truly what you want here.

Additionally - the DM-155e is warrantied for a year - so I can guarantee that you were not told that you would have a cost to repair something during the warranty period.

If you have a legitimate issue - I am more than willing to help - but I cannot make sense of this post - so send me details and I will respond.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Darrin,

I have received emails from customers in the past that did not accurately present the facts - but I will say that your posts here are about the most inaccurate and paint a picture that shows a very different set of circumstances from what really occurred.

What actually happened is that you got ( in one email you say traded and in another you say purchased for $229 and in another email to us you say you paid $240 ) two lights from a dealer in the fall of last year. You purchased or traded for a 2013 model that had been significantly upgraded - in 2014. So you would have a warranty that went until September of 2015.

You contacted us via the CONTACT US submittal form on our site instead of the service submittal form - so the very same day I emailed you this:

On Mar 6, 2015, at 5:29 PM, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Darrin,

If you will take a second and fill out a Service Request Form on our site – this will get you in the system and we will have all the data in one spot.

Here is the link:

http://reefradiance.com/service-request-form.html

Since you bought it from a dealer we will need a copy of the invoice.

Thanks.

Rick

You then started to work with Charles - who emailed you within 24 hours of every single email. In addition Charles asked you - again - to provide an invoice as we cannot work on products unless we know that they are ours and have a proof of purchase. This is standard operating procedure for all companies and clearly posted on our website.

Charles did indeed say that we knew that - on a few of these older models - the blues could run into this issue. I have specifically directed the service department to be very transparent about any issues we know of with our products or any of the other manufacturers we sell. I really dislike when a customer service person automatically denies any issue with a product that you call them about.

His exact words were " it is a known issue in a small percentage of those lights that typically does not occur within the first year of use."

You had been asked twice at this point to send us an proof of purchase - once by me and once by Charles.

Since you had not provided it then ( and still have not ) and were demanding that the lights get fixed very quickly he offered you the option to get them fixed for a flat service rate of $59. This was only if they were our lights - so we still needed proof of purchase - which we asked you to provide on two occasions - but never received.

Remember - at this point we have no idea if these are our lights or not - and Charles was spending a lot of time trying to help you in any way he could.

But you would not - or could not provide proof or purchase so we were not able to do much.

On the 9th you asked if you could buy another light - Charles suggest the DM-132e which we had in stock.

On the 11th you said you wanted to wait to get the same brand light ( they were all the same brand - Reef Radiance ) and said you wanted to wait for our next shipment to come in.

On the 14th - you said you could not wait and bought something else. You said you wanted to ship the defective lights back.

We have asked for proof of purchase repeatedly and simply cannot help you without this - so there is really nothing more to say.

We have spent a lot of time working with you - to help you out - with no verification that you even have our product - and have responded within 24 hours of every email you sent us - with the exception of the last one as we cannot do anything without the appropriate paperwork and after asking for it twice - there was no reason to keep repeating ourselves.

Darrin,

What is sad to me is that you took a situation where a company jumped through hoops to help you - even though you may not have our lights at all and refused to cooperate by getting us a simple document to process a simple service claim. Then you posted a very inaccurate narrative that painted you as a victim of bad service and a company that sells bad products - nothing could be further from the truth.

And since our reputation matters to us very much - we are forced to respond and frankly could have spent the time doing productive things like designing new lights or perhaps working on somone's else's light that had taken the few moments necessary to process the necessary paperwork - just like everyone else does.

Rick

Last edited:

ALW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is I can't wait to get my light-ordered P+ on March 15th so I would imagine it will be shipping pretty soon!

OP
OP
M

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine but havnt recieved it yet Rick from reef radiance shipped it himself but the stupid fedex guy said he left it at my door so now I'm dealing with them I don't know why u would leave a 300$ product at the door when I specifically called them and told them I would be there at the time of delivery or I could pick it up so what do they do deliver it 3 hrs early lol well I gotta see what happens with them I just can't wait to actually get my light

MMontez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 Reef Radiance DM-165E on a trade. i would like to find a manual or instructions. also a controller or find out if they are wifi connectable. they have some type of controller connection port. please help

Biev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 Reef Radiance DM-165E on a trade. i would like to find a manual or instructions. also a controller or find out if they are wifi connectable. they have some type of controller connection port. please help
I am in the same boat, but mine are the dmp+ model and they won't connect to my wifi

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back