• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reefcrazed417

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 on my tank a few months controlled by the director. What do you think of these lights compared to your previous lighting? I Just bought a 3rd and am having 2nd thoughts...

Winschuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having the same issue with the 52's for a while. Finally found the sweet spot and am loving what I'm getting in return. I came from 250w HQI and a Steve's LED's kit. As already asked, what settings are you running and how high over the water do you have them mounted?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think those two others listed are really better, but I do think the hydra 26 is better for most than the 52 unless the tank is really deep and you need that punch. The reason I favor the 26's is for $50 more you can get two fixtures and have the 4 pucks spread out for more even coverage, I don't think that LED tanks should have hotspots unless the rock is taller in that area, a hot spot to me is not having enough fixtures for coverage so you have to run them too high, plus more fixtures helps with SPS shading which is the biggest problem with fixtures like the kessil. With the director it gives you even more options to run the fixtures at different intensities or schedules so you can move them around and really get a great coverage. AI told me that 2 26's are more powerful than 1 52 as they can push the LEDs higher. I would guess they can cool better with only 2 pucks per unit so they can dive them harder if you really wanted.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back