Ai prime?

chill86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what type of coverage these have and if anyone has used them. I am considering getting one or 2 to go over a 60 cube.

eloehr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Prime yesterday. It is on a 29g BioCube. So far it is fine, but I would definitely get 2 for a 60g cube. I feel that one on my cube is pushing it around the edges. I am still trying to get the intensities just right. I am currently using a friends settings from his 52's. It looks good, just my need to turn the % up keeping the same ratio.

I haven't had an issue with android app or computer settings. Some people reported the Apple app wouldn't connect.

I have posted in another thread. Watch out for the tank mount. The ball joint that allows it to swivel is junk. It isn't strong enough to support the weight of the light. The light hangs limp, pointing towards the back wall. Another member used a rubber band to rig his mount. I tried that trick. It works ok...still need to get a little more horizontal position out of the light.

Overall I am very impressed for the price point and very disappointed in the tank mount. I will be calling AI first thing in the morning.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back