0   0   0
I think the only real qualification to be a girl is to have XX chromosomes lol

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For awhile there, we were gaining speed. Now, we're again becoming a dying breed. I think we need to be Red Listed and treated extra special, like any other threatened species, don't you agree?

Then again, I work around woman all day.... I think that's why I like a man dominated hobby. Woman are a pain to be around.

Last edited:

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for awhile there, we were gaining speed. Now, we're again becoming a dying breed. I think we need to be red listed and treated extra special, like any other threatened species, don't you agree?

Then again, i work around woman all day.... I think that's why i like a man dominated hobby. Woman are a pain to be around.

lol.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you're the one joking, lol. I'm just saying, if the industry is going to give corals goofy sexist names, do it for both sexes, not just women. However, personally, I'm more interested in genus and species.

Men have nipples and can have boobs. Ever see a large topless man? I won't go into details :p
It's not sexist if it applies to both males and females lol.

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female here. I definitely believe there are more men in the hobby than women, maybe because the thought of a reef tank seems too complicated/intimidating, I don't know. Most men that I've met and talked to think that women are incompetent when it comes to this hobby (including myself until I actually proved that I know what I'm doing) and I think that's sad. I've seen people ask for advice and if a woman answers their question, they get ignored, that's why I have mostly stopped giving advice online. People that know me personally have no problems asking for my advice, including the owner of my lfs. I really do wish that there were more women in the hobby.

Last edited:

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female here. I definitely believe there are more men in the hobby than women, maybe because the thought of a reef tank seems too complicated/intimidating, I don't know. Most men that I've met and talked to think that women are incompetent when it comes to this hobby (including myself until I actually proved that I know what I'm doing) and I think that's sad. I've seen people ask for advice and if a woman answers their question, they get ignored, that's why I have mostly stopped giving advice online. People that know me personally have no problems asking for my advice, including the owner of my lfs. I really do wish that there were more women in the hobby.

Yes, this hobby seems kinda sexist, which is surprising, considering that one has to have some smarts to be successful (or lots of money and a good LFS to service your tank). The LFSs in my area are awesome, however.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Men have nipples and can have boobs. Ever see a large topless man? I won't go into details :p
It's not sexist if it applies to both males and females lol.
"
Really, tyler? I'll give you credit for thinking outside the box, lol. FYI: if I had made your post, it would have been deleted, because this is a "family" friendly site. Sexy Corals...Yeah!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back