Christmas Prayers

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a day I really do not look forward to. Today I go as Santa to NYU hospital in Manhattan. They have a floor there for the children with the most severe cases of cancer and many of them don't make it. Every year they have about 60 young children there, almost half of them infants. They stay there with their parents as this is their last hope. They go there after all other cancer treatments have failed and they try to use whatever means are necessary to save them. I have been going here for about 10 years and have a very hard time with it but I feel good afterward. My wife's office donates two gurney's of toys and I visit the children who are not in quarantine to give them something. Very few of the children can even lift their heads much less accept a toy but I do try and usually get a little smile out of most of them. Most of the parents want me to hold the babies to take a picture which scares me to death with the dozens of wires and tubes connected to these poor kids.
These kids don't need money or gifts, they just need prayers and that is what I am asking for. Thank you.
This is my Grand Daughter in my house on her first Christmas. I am so thankful that my Grand Children are healthy but I know what so many parents go through and this experience every year puts a lot into perspective.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You hit a soft spot on me. I can not stand to see children suffering. Will do!

fanandy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine having to go through what all those parents grandparents and so on have to go through with their little ones. I am grateful and say prayers everyday that my two little guys are healthy.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, all the blessing and prayers you need coming at you to help you through a difficult moment in order to heal the pain for all the children in need.

Give us, O God, the vision which can see Your love in the world in spite of human failure.
Give us the faith to trust Your goodness in spite of our ignorance and weakness.
Give us the knowledge that we may continue to pray with understanding to make a difference for a moment in a Childs life.
Foremost show us what each one of us can do to set forward the coming of the day of universal peace for all.
Lets say Amen to a friend us all who made that difference possible, You are a Good Sir Paul B.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, the Children certainly appreciate it.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you never cease to amaze me with many of the stories you include here on R2R and other sites....and now this. Prayers coming your way!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, but it is the children and their families that need the prayers as the pain and suffering is there's and it will unfortunately continue long after the holiday season when we go back to our normal lives, and these children will still be there fighting

moulton712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Paul, a smile is worth a million dollars

100% agree. I look forward to seeing my two little boys smile everyday. I couldn't imagine the torture of the heart if my boys were to be as sick as these children. I fact my kids are why I keep a reef tank, I needed a hobby I could do at home.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back