Good LFS in Miami close to Miami International Airport if possible?

Squadir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any good LFS for corals near Miami international airport. I am travelling soon and want to bring back some corals with me (not much options to ship them internationally unfortunately).
Anything relatively close to that area will be great so I can re-package them properly to take along with me without much hassle as I wouldn't have much time to go looking around to find the best or at least a good LFS with a fair variety and possibly not too expensive.
I'm getting back into Miami on Friday afternoon and leave for home (Trinidad) Saturday after lunch so I basically have just saturday morning.

any info will be appreciated.:hail:

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strictly fish is on Bird Road (SW 40 st) and about SW 84th ave. not far from the airport at all. Maybe 10 minutes. Will you be able to get the bags of water through security?

OP
OP
Squadir

Squadir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, thanks glb. i was thinking either put the bags in a small enough cooler to fit in my checked luggage with a cold pack to keep it cool or a pal was telling me about wrapping them in paper towels and soaking them and put them in a rubbermaid or glad bowl and just carry it through security as there is no water for them to have a problem with. he said he carried some like that with 100% success so it may be worth a try.

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 4 LFS on Bird road Stricly fish is west of the Plameto expressway and the other three are east and within a 1/4 and 1/2 mile of the expressway all on the North side of the road .only thing is the LFS open at 11:00 and Strictly fish at noon !

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back