Where's the outrage?

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China is dumping sand on live coral reefs to reclaim land. Can China do whatever they want to do? I presume they've caused total destruction of this reef. How much destruction of nearby reefs is caused by the silt from the dredging? Plus, these reefs aren't even near China.

China building 'great wall of sand'

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they can. Who is going to stop them?

Windy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Global warming has made them insane. They are tring to build up thier coasts to offset the higher sea levels that will come in the next 30000 years.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if this offends anyone in our species but I believe the worst thing to ever happen to this earth is the human animal. We reap what we sow and this just adds to the importance of our classroom outreach program. In this reefing hobby, we have to be responsible custodians for the animals in our care and this virtue must be extrapolated to the rest of our world...it MUST happen. We must educate today's youth about the importance of our world's coral reefs and oceans so when they grow into tomorrow's leaders they are equipped with the knowledge and drive to protect our world. I humbly beg for you to please help us in this endeavor.

We have a classroom outreach program and education reef tank installation program that seeks to help schools with struggling and under-served science programs teach their students about the importance of reefs to our natural world. We are having a donation drive to help fund this program and this news story highlights the importance of educating todays youth.

April Donation Drive!!! Great Prizes, spread the word! - care4reefs.forumatic.com

Windy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if this offends anyone in our species but I believe the worst thing to ever happen to this earth is the human animal. We reap what we sow and this just adds to the importance of our classroom outreach program. In this reefing hobby, we have to be responsible custodians for the animals in our care and this virtue must be extrapolated to the rest of our world...it MUST happen. We must educate today's youth about the importance of our world's coral reefs and oceans so when they grow into tomorrow's leaders they are equipped with the knowledge and drive to protect our world. I humbly beg for you to please help us in this endeavor.

We have a classroom outreach program and education reef tank installation program that seeks to help schools with struggling and under-served science programs teach their students about the importance of reefs to our natural world. We are having a donation drive to help fund this program and this news story highlights the importance of educating todays youth.

April Donation Drive!!! Great Prizes, spread the word! - care4reefs.forumatic.com

That will make the Chinese sit up and take notice!

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will make the Chinese sit up and take notice!

Would love to hear a solution you might have then... or any suggestion really...anything except your useless, meaningless, pointless, ineffectual trolling. Darn, I think I've run out of synonyms for your uselessness.

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see here, China does not give a crap of its over and many times wrongful use of marine life: Who catches and who comsumes

The NOAA needs to focus on this type of damage instead of blaming it on theories such as global warming.

Would love to hear a solution you might have then... or any suggestion really...anything except your useless, meaningless, pointless, ineffectual trolling. Darn, I think I've run out of synonyms for your uselessness.

To be fair what you said had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Stop the mud slinging.

Last edited:

Windy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, you are a smooth talker! Already I feel sorry for calling you names. Can you remember what it was I called you? Or was it you and your small mind that began the name calling?

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry bro had to holster the mud slinger Per kole tangs orders. the islands are for military purposes so not buyino their junk won't help

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"China is building artificial land by pumping sand on to live coral reefs - some of them submerged - and paving over them with concrete. China has now created over 4sq/km (1.5 sq miles) of artificial landmass," he said.

And they say we're a threat to coral reefs?!

bobstir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
palm-jumeirah.jpg

They aren't the first... and won't be the last.

EDIT: picture is of dubai's palm-jumeirah

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back