What is the worst insult you have gotten about the hobby from....

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I saw this one I remember all the times that my wife was ticked at me and decided that the only thing that she could hit me with was an insult about my reef tank!

She said if it was something to do with my tank I would have remembered....OUCH.

So what is the best one you have been hit with from your wife/ husband, life partner of significant other? I always seem to get the best ones when I am having a problem with my tank and it is strung all over the house! My wife named my tank after a woman since I cheat on her with it all the time!

Hope to hear some good ones!

Ian

Last edited:

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHAH i got the same one as bluegrassreef did! And my mom always said if i was as interested in school as i was Reefing and sports id have 4 dr. degrees and being making millions lol

OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep them coming!

I told my wife it was a good preparation for kids, you never know what is instore for you in the coming days. Only wish you could mount a controller to a kid!

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife claims that I spend more time on my tank than I do with her. I keep telling her that the tank never has a headache.:wink:

Sometimes she doesn't appreciate my humor.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little frag rack in my DT with all of my high end palys and zoas. My girlfriend refers to this rack as...Her diamond ring.

I

inactive

View Badges
My wife claims that I spend more time on my tank than I do with her. I keep telling her that the tank never has a headache.:wink:

Sometimes she doesn't appreciate my humor.

Best... post... ever...

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture a tank packed every square inch no room to spare, hot colors galore.
Fiances mother comes over to the house " holy crap what is that huge black snail" she says "where, what are you talking about" I reply. The first thing that caught her attention was the Loc-Line from the return........women.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

inactive

View Badges
I know right? Non reefers come yo my house.. stare at the tank.. and comment on the clean up crew when there an ORA showcase going on in my tank. booo.

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my fiance always says she wishes she was a mermaid so she could live in my tank so that i'd pay more attention to her.

I

inactive

View Badges
You know what would be weak?

If someone bought you a land hermit crab with a painted shell as a gift like you gonna toss that in the tank lol.

terryagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia was always a guest favorite. Then, I got a copperband that ate all of them. My brother's girlfriend come's over and asks, "What happened to all of the little trees? Those were so cool." :neutral:

I

inactive

View Badges
Aptasia was always a guest favorite. Then, I got a copperband that ate all of them. My brother's girlfriend come's over and asks, "What happened to all of the little trees? Those were so cool." :neutral:

Gross, or Majanos!

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
non-reefer quote " So you have coral" (coral abound everywhere), ME:"Yes...basically anything with color is alive" , "Well those decorations have color and they aren't alive, and your rocks are purple and they aren't alive" yeah, you're right I don't know what I'm talking about.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dads wife (not my stepmother, his wife) was talking about the koralia I had on the side wall of the tank and how unnatural it looked. She said they should have designed it look like a rock. Yeah, a rock floating half way up the tank suspended by nothing would look really natural...

OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the dumbest thing I have every heard out of someones mouth looking at a tank: I was at the LFS and the had a small SW tank Fish only and the had put one of those bubbling jelly fish that are attached to a base by a fishing line (they are fake for those who are like???). A lady walk up to the store owner and proceeds to rip him a new one for tying up a jellie fish to a rock. After 20 minutes of him sitting there not saying a word and taking it, he looks up at the rack and grabs a box off the shelf to shows her that it was a decoration. The funniest part is there was a group of 6 of us just sitting there watching the whole thing!

here is what I am talking about.
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/242785/i/4/product.web

Last edited:

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get past the insults and make spending easier, I educated my wife about having a reef tank. Just a little at a time and she became interested. Believe it or not, she now frags coral and enjoys it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back