New! Real Reef Live Shelf Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
New this week!

Real Reef Live Shelf Rock

Available in 10, 25 & 50 lb boxes

Real-Reef-Shelf-large.jpg

Shelf Rock is Real Reef's version of the shelf or slab rock that use to be imported from the Kingdom of Tonga for many years, before getting banned for destructive collection practices. Many have try tried to ship similar wild products from countries like Indonesia of Fiji, but fell short of the beauty and table-top shape of the Tonga Shelf Live Rock.

Real-Reef-Live-Shelf-Rock-10-lbs-99.jpg

The Real Reef Team used Tonga Shelf as model to replicate and the results are so similar to the old Tonga Shelf that most think it is the real thing! If you always liked the look of true Tonga Shelf, without the environmental reef impact, then this is the rock for you!

Real-Reef-Live-Shelf-Rock-10-lbs-97.jpg

Works great for adding shelves to your existing or planned aquascape. Great for creating shelves to accommodate frags, clams and other marine life needing a flat surface. Made from the same all-natural calcium based ingredients as Real Reef Live Rock and functions great as a natural filter or growing surface.

Real-Reef-Live-Shelf-Rock-10-lbs-98.jpg

MORE MARINE DEPOT NEWS

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Since this rock is so heavy should one assume a 10lb box will be a single piece?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Since this rock is so heavy should one assume a 10lb box will be a single piece?

Thank you for your question, castires. I'm waiting to hear back from our RR buyer, but I suspect you're right... 1-2 pieces. The pieces I've seen myself were all pretty large. In any case, I'll follow up as soon as I hear back. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Jeff @ MD

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Forgive me, but I was super-duper wrong in my earlier assessment of the weight.

Real Reef got back to us and stated Real Real Shelf Rock is lighter than Real Reef Live Rock. In a 10lb box of Shelf Rock, there are usually 6-8 pieces... sometimes more. But it will never be just a single piece.

Hope that info helps!

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Can you open a box, and take measure of some sizes so we have an ideal how many LBS we need?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you open a box, and take measure of some sizes so we have an ideal how many LBS we need?

No can do—we do not have it here in our warehouse. The rock is shipped directly from the manufacturer to you to keep costs down.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Placed order on monday still has not shipped

Hi garias! Thank you for shopping with us. :thumb:

Live Shelf Rock is shipped directly from Real Reef to your shipping address 3-5 business days from when you placed the order, as noted on the product page.

Please PM us your order # or call us toll-free at 1-800-566-FISH (3474) so we look at your account to see exactly what's going on.

Look forward to hearing back!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back